IGNORED

Need to transport a bike from NY to FL. Carrirer suggestions?

Paul_G

Looks like I am going to be the proud owner of a nearly new

'06 K1200R. It currently resides in Rochester NY and I need to get down to Tampa or Ft Lauderdale. Any of you have had any good experiences with long haul MC transport firms? Thank you as always, suggestions are always appreciated.

Paul

Another option is to pay for a one-way ticket for someone in Florida who wants a ride. smile.gif A local friend here in Nashville bought a bike in upstate NY, and he flew me up there so that I could complete the transaction and have a fun ride home. It was a whole lot cheaper than transport, and I had some fun.

Another option is to pay for a one-way ticket for someone in Florida who wants a ride. smile.gif A local friend here in Nashville bought a bike in upstate NY, and he flew me up there so that I could complete the transaction and have a fun ride home. It was a whole lot cheaper than transport, and I had some fun.

FJR....

Yep. And I think the most read thread on the board. Kind of weird.

I wasn't even a member and I've read it...

So not to hijack....

......send Louise and I a ticket and we'll meet ya at Jacquelines...

But we need to know what color it is first????

Other option.... I've used these dudes for a couple collectable cars.....they also do bikes.

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/?EADID=001DependableAutoShipper

Whip

I used a company called Haul Bikes to transport bike from wi to Tx. They did a very good job, and they have very cool trucks. Since you did not get any help from the other replies maybe this will help

James

I have transported two bikes and got the carriers using this on line site:https://www.uship.com/listing2.aspx?categoryID=

Put in your parameters and moving companies will bid on the job. You can check out their credentials. I was satisfied both times. The most fun though, is to fly up and drive it home.

I'll be in Rochester today -- can I test drive it for you? Hey, anything I can do to help!

www.haulbikes.com. these guys are pros. doble decker trucks with lifts, no pallets, they strap them to the ground. they have their own drivers and all they move is bikes.

other movers farm your bike out to the cheapest truck sorta heading your way. i used JandC one time, what a disaster that was.

pedro cerveza
I used these guys a few years ago, great service. If nothing else, check a price to keep the other guys honest.

http://www.funtransport.com/index.html

Pat

+1 I used them twice. Bike came in on schedule and in perfect conditiion. It's a lot cheaper if you can drop off and pick up at one of their depots. I think the original poster mentioned Ft Lauderdale. Their local depot is in Pompano Beach.

Thank you for the suggestions. Trust me, I'd far prefer to fly up and ride back. Time is the problem. I have a great deal of things going on in my life and it is just not in the cards right now for a roadtrip.

Paul

Archived