IGNORED

Garmin 2610 has dim display in sun

daveinatlanta

daveinatlanta

I just bought a refurb Garmin 2610 from Edgegps. I'm mostly happy with it -- except for when the sun is on the screen - as in over my shoulder when I'm riding. Then screen is useless unless I shade it with my hand. I've adjusted the brightness and contrast and they don't help. I guess it is a weakness of the touch-screen. Anybody else have this problem?

My old Street Pilot III was always visible.

BluesTraveler

Yep, my newly refurbished unit does the same. Not as bad as the refurbished one I returned after almost 2 years of service but it does get sort of get dark when the sun is behind me hitting the screen just right.

That's a common nit for the 2610/2620. The screen will wash out when it is hit directly by the sun, as in a cloudless sun right over your shoulders. I don't find that it's often a problem for me as when the sun is in that position usually my body shades it, although once in a while if the angles are wrong it doesn't. Some install a sunscreen to remedy this. Personally I don't find that the issue comes up enough for the bother, but just fyi...

Archived