444 stubblejumper

488 Ben_Ricci

508 grasslander

542 bakerzdozen

585 rbstone

595 bmurphywa

602 TedG

613 Progress49

There is at least a dozen other ST riders on this board who haven't checked in: BMWGirl, MChick, Mike, Rocket Bunny, HexST, DoctorC, Sardineone, Shawn Wilson to name a few of them.

Hopefully a moderator can split this off as a seperate thread?

I have a domain that could host a registry, or we could use the one that already exists tongue.gif.

Nice job Ben, you are fanning the flames of a movement. thumbsup.gif

Hi Guys Do you just want data on bikes sold in the US or are you interested in opening it out to develop a broader register? Do you want to try get a picture on a country by country basis?

My location Dublin, Rep of Ireland

My VIN ends 096, ordered the ST March 05 took delivery June 05.

Relationship is still v.good smile.gif does all I want of it - no plans for separation in the medium term. thumbsup.gif

Hi Guys Do you just want data on bikes sold in the US or are you interested in opening it out to develop a broader register? Do you want to try get a picture on a country by country basis?

This is a good question as we will not be able to use VIN serial numbers on non-US bikes as they will overlap.

Does anyone know the numbering scheme for non-US bikes? Are they all the same? Or do they have a different sequence if they are EU bikes as compared to Australian or Canadian bikes?

JT

ok well mine is 30353, so Im guessing that the first two digits are probably an area and the last three are the serial number for that region?

JT

I have a domain that could host a registry, or we could use the one that already exists tongue.gif.

(I'm not volunteering to be the ST riders secretary though. grin.gif)

If I had the time, I'd set up a web page/database if people wanted to fill out their info. However, that's at least a couple of weeks away for me at this point...

If nothing happens on this front before then, I'll look into doing it.

I am #274.

I love the bike, though I may sell it bncry.gif Looking at buying some real estate and I am having a hard time justifying 3 bikes (especially the one that has payments frown.gif)

R1200ST.jpg

I have #313 (Blue and Silver), produced in March 2005. I puchased the bike new from Cape Fear BMW in April 2006. 18,392 miles so far. Home is Wilmington, NC.

Do you realize we have just compiled nearly 5% of the US ST's just from a couple of days on this board???

We defiantely need a web page and an interactive registry that will track things like color, build date and country of origin. It would be great to have city/state and contact info as well so regional ST owners could contact each other for tech and ride fun!

JT

PS: www.r1200st.net is still available!

Sorry this discussion had missed my eye until now. My 06' is #566 with a Aug 05' build date. When I bought my 06' I had one on order in silver/blue with the ESA & anti-lock brakes. BMWNA gave no assurances what so ever my that my order would be filled. I then caught wind from this board that there were six 06's in dark graphite over granite gray with ESA & antilocks at the US warehouse. I bought one within a week. I have no info that there are any more USA 06's in the country than these six. Any ST detectives can pursue that one further as well with the stat of how many ST's have ESA? lurker.gif

I have no info that there are any more USA 06's in the country than these six. Any ST detectives can pursue that one further as well with the stat of how many ST's have ESA? lurker.gif

George, I think the answer to your question is not many. An '06 with ESA is probably more scarce than an '07.

I initiated a seperate thread on the ST accounting: http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/941386/an/0/page/0#Post941386

Maybe a few more ST board members will see it. I know we're still missing a bunch.

# 338, Silver and Red, purchased at Touring Sport BMW, Greenville, SC. Verholen barbacks, Ztechnic windscreen, Rick Mayer leather saddle (if I ever get it), and tons of fun to ride.

Archived