IGNORED

BMW Welcome box

Rob

Well, it's been 6 1/2 months since we bought the '07 R12RT. At the time, BMW was sending a since box full of goodies, books, paper weight, etc. Still no box.

I received one about 2 months after getting the GT and the wife was looking forward to her own "swag".

My dealer has been in touch with New Jersey numerous times.

Has anyone else not received their welcome box? Should I ask just to send a Zumo since that is what is being offered now? :-))

I gotta get my wife off my back over this, so she can start on something else.

wrestleantares

I just got mine today. Took about 6 weeks ( I bought my bike August 31st I think.

I did not even know I was going to get a welcome box until I read this thread. They told me about getting my BMW Roadside assistant card with my welcome packet, but I did not expect what came.

Very nice stuff. thumbsup.gif

I just got mine today. Took about 6 weeks ( I bought my bike August 31st I think.

I did not even know I was going to get a welcome box until I read this thread. They told me about getting my BMW Roadside assistant card with my welcome packet, but I did not expect what came.

Very nice stuff. thumbsup.gif

Yours DID come with the extra key and full toolkit. Right?

wink.gif

Welcome box???!!! What's in it? When I bought my new RT in '06, the salesman gave me a Motorrad t-shirt -- two sizes too big because "that's all BMW had". I got the roadside assistance card a few weeks later in the mail.

We closed on my new '07 RT on 25 Sep. The party prizes included a BMW castrated Zumo 550 and an owners pack that may show up sometime in the future.

While BMW will warranty the Zumo for three years (ties into the bike start date), it would have been useful to have been able to use the GXM-30 antenna. However, since the BMW auto side is with Sirius satellite radio, the bike side could not use XM radio and thus we are deprived of the NexRAD weather radar information as well. But, to be fair, the stock Garmin Zumo 550 does not support the weather radar option either. Only the GPSMAP 378 (fresh water inland lakes) and 478 (salt water) mrine units give both roads and appropriate marine info plus weather radar. dopeslap.gif

Welcome box???!!! What's in it? When I bought my new RT in '06, the salesman gave me a Motorrad t-shirt -- two sizes too big because "that's all BMW had". I got the roadside assistance card a few weeks later in the mail.
Welcome box started in '07.
wrestleantares

-The box was a Leatherette box - about document size - embossed with a motorcycle. Will make a great box for MC papers

- A Lucite paperweight - 1932 R32 - I love this

- A Map book embossed with the BMW Roundel holding a notepad, pen, Dealer book, and US Map with a highlighted road in each State.

- A Map tool for measuring map distances has a flashlight, and compass

- Leather Key Fob

- Hard back Book - BMW Motorcycles - The Evolution of Excellence - great pics, good bool

- A DVD - This is a treasure Trove of BMW stuff. History, stunts, commercials, rides. I've watched about an hour of the stuff, and have a lot more to go.

-The box was a Leatherette box - about document size - embossed with a motorcycle. Will make a great box for MC papers

- A Lucite paperweight - 1932 R32 - I love this

- A Map book embossed with the BMW Roundel holding a notepad, pen, Dealer book, and US Map with a highlighted road in each State.

- A Map tool for measuring map distances has a flashlight, and compass

- Leather Key Fob

- Hard back Book - BMW Motorcycles - The Evolution of Excellence - great pics, good bool

- A DVD - This is a treasure Trove of BMW stuff. History, stunts, commercials, rides. I've watched about an hour of the stuff, and have a lot more to go.

NewOwnersKit.jpg

(I knew this picture would come in handy at some point.) wink.gif

OK, since I never got one of those nor anything like it, should I have received one? I bought my '05 ST new from the dealer last July. If was supposed to get one, what do I do to get one? BMWNA or the dealer?

OK, since I never got one of those nor anything like it, should I have received one? I bought my '05 ST new from the dealer last July. If was supposed to get one, what do I do to get one? BMWNA or the dealer?

I'm pretty sure that only '07 models were eligible.

Whew. Thought I missed out on a freebie... (you know, after spending $15+k on something, you gotta get those freebies. tongue.gif )

I bought an '05 RT in 12/05. Still haven't received a Roadside Assistance Card.

Bought an '06 GS. Same thing.

I did get to advertise for the dealer for free for three weeks until I got around to taking off the stupid license plate frame. Oh... and I got free plastic keychain.

My bros. bought his Ducati in May. 4 weeks later he had his DOC membership kit all the way from Bologna. That's a small but significant part of why I'm liking Ducati's more and more these days, and BMWs less and less.

I would direct your understandable frustration at BMW USA, since this "welcome box", and Roadside Assistance Card come from them, and not BMW Motorrad in Germany. There's no such welcome box here in Canada, and I certainly received my roadside assistance card promptly for the three BMWs I've bought in the last five years. Hard to understand how they could have screwed up the card business so badly from the way you describe it.

I sold mine on ebay for $30.

Now that's a good idea. Got mine a couple weeks ago and wasn't sure what to do with it. It is a very nice package though. thumbsup.gif

Archived