IGNORED

ChiTown Christmas/Holiday Party

Ron_B

Just an early reminder, the annual ChiTown Christmas/Holiday Party will held on Saturday, December 1st.

Where: Grayslake Illinois. (about 30 miles north of Chicago)

When: 6:00 PM (early birds always welcome)

Dinner: Main dishes provided, likely to be lasagna and wings like previous years. Maybe some pizza too. Let me know if you're vegetarian and I'll try to accommodate. If you would like to bring a side dish, appetizer or dessert, by all means. Otherwise, just bring yourself and have a great time. Beverage provided too. (beer and adult beverages, soda pop, various soft drinks, bottled water and coffee)

Post, PM or E-mail me if you plan to attend, and let me know if you are bringing any guests.

Address and map attached

938637-RonsHome.jpg.484b2ca2e63b0495ab5b1d26fd1d6d89.jpg

I'll bring the usual goods. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

MMMMMM...

939164-baconchestnut.jpg

Those wouldn't happen to be bacon-wrapped water chesnuts? drif.gif Please, define and more importantly, describe. smile.gif
Joe Frickin' Friday

MMMMMM...

939164-baconchestnut.jpg

Those wouldn't happen to be bacon-wrapped water chesnuts? drif.gif Please, define and more importantly, describe. smile.gif

One better: they're rolled in brown sugar before I throw 'em in the oven. thumbsup.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday

Ron (and anyone else from Chi-Town) -

Can you recommend some interesting tourist activities in the Chicago Metro area that might fill an afternoon?

Is Flint really in Rich?

Mitch, I'd be glad to help with ideas and stuff, just let me know what sorts of things you have in mind... tour of local MC dealers? Art? Shopping?

We're in.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Mitch, I'd be glad to help with ideas and stuff, just let me know what sorts of things you have in mind... tour of local MC dealers? Art? Shopping?

Is there anything like Toronto's St. Lawrence Market, or Boulder's Pearl Street Mall?

We've done the Museum of Science/Industry, and the aquarium. Both were good, but we'd like to try other stuff, too.

What about this "Christkindlmarket" thing at Daley Plaza? Is that worth checking out? Is it likely to be ridiculously crowded a week after Turkey Day?

lurker.gif

Lone_RT_rider

MMMMMM...

939164-baconchestnut.jpg

One better: they're rolled in brown sugar before I throw 'em in the oven. thumbsup.gif

But Mitch.... I think you need more Bacon... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

198635955-M.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday
But Mitch.... I think you need more Bacon... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

198635955-M.jpg

After that breakfast, no, I truly don't need more bacon. dopeslap.gif

Have you finished eating the leftovers yet? lmao.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Have you finished eating the leftovers yet? lmao.gif

We donated the leftovers to the Red Cross shelter. We figured it would kill two birds with one stone. Feed the homeless and help with their organ doner program. crazy.gif

Lest the pictures on this thread scare away any health conscious potential guests, I have decided to add soy-tofu burgers to the menu. And bean sprouts. Must have bean sprouts.

For the rest, I'll also rent a portable home defibrillator. Just in case.

And bean sprouts. Must have bean sprouts.

I bet they'd be good if you chicken-fried them and wrapped them in bacon. Num.

Hey Rich, answer your phone

I love it Ron,thanks!!!

That's exactly what I and everyone remembers about the movie,how the phone rang!! Excellant!!

Hey Jake,....what yu' smokin' down there in Flour-dough??

Flynn....drugs,alcohol,rape....Oh I forgot yur in Miami dopeslap.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Three weeks!

Attendees so far:

Steve & Karen Knapp

EeBie & Sally

Rich & Roxanne Patenaude

Kathy Rayburn

Dennis & Lynda Murphy

Marty Hill

Tasker Day

Ken & Kate Deline

Jon Diaz

Glenn DiNicola & Colleen

Hans Fiedler

Fran Kokes

Allen Lykins

Mitch Patrie & Masako

Bill Rayburn

Rebecca Vaughn

Hank & Cindy Barta

Marc & Karen Zone

John Zolot

Three weeks!

Attendees so far:

Steve & Karen Knapp

EeBie & Sally

Rich & Roxanne Patenaude

Kathy Rayburn

Dennis & Lynda Murphy

Marty Hill

Tasker Day

Ken & Kate Deline

Jon Diaz

Glenn DiNicola & Colleen

Hans Fiedler

Fran Kokes

Allen Lykins

Mitch Patrie & Masako

Bill Rayburn

Rebecca Vaughn

Hank & Cindy Barta

Marc & Karen Zone

John Zolot

I believe Tracy's said she's comin'...I'll shoot her an E-Mail.

Gabe also mentioned it and I told him to read this thread and sign at the bottom.

Ron,

I haven't forgot your personal invitation from the UN. However, I regret that I will not be able to attend as I will be in HI with my wife celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.

It looks like a great cast of characters and I'm sure some "ride tales" will result.

Regards

Bud, there will be other parties, and I'd love to have you come. Meanwhile, have a great time on the islands with your sweetie, and I'll see you at the next Unrally...or Torrey...or Brr, or...wherever!

More attendees:

Rich and Ady Elarde

Tracy St Laluzerne

Paul & Lynda Burkett

We're a late IN!

Bike is broke, car is questionable, airfare's too expensive, so.... We're going to take Amtrak KC to Chicago.

Scheduled arrival at Union Station downtown Saturday at 3:20 PM. Then we'll take the Metrarail out to Grayslake, or would anyone be able to give us a ride out to Ron's?

Can't wait! Cheers!

Ken,

I'll be able to pick you up in grayslake in my rental car if a better deal doesn't happen. I arrive much earlier and have to spend some time at chibmw. dopeslap.gif

I should be in greyslake by 2 or so.

Whooo-weee! clap.gif

Attending:

Steve & Karen Knapp

EeBie & Sally

Rich & Roxanne Patenaude

Kathy Rayburn

Dennis & Lynda Murphy

Marty Hill

Tasker Day

Ken & Kate Deline

Jon Diaz

Glenn DiNicola

Hans Fiedler

Fran Kokes

Allen Lykins

Mitch & Masako Patrie

Bill Rayburn

Rebecca Vaughn

Hank & Cindy Barta

Marc & Karen Zone

John Zolot

Rich and Ady Elarde

Tracy St Laluzerne

Paul & Lynda Burkett

Vic & Char Ivanovic

Dave West

Ken & Donna Harbeck

Jim Roskin & Sarah

Scheduled arrival at Union Station downtown Saturday at 3:20 PM. Then we'll take the Metrarail out to Grayslake, or would anyone be able to give us a ride out to Ron's?

Honestly Ken, I'd take the train. $10 round trip for the two of you, and it's SO easy.

MUCH easier to meet people (from your end) at the Grayslake Train than it is at Union Station.

Honestly Ken, I'd take the train. $10 round trip for the two of you, and it's SO easy.

MUCH easier to meet people (from your end) at the Grayslake Train than it is at Union Station.

Will do then. Thanks!

Will do then. Thanks!

Ken,

The next train to Grayslake after your 3:20 arrival is at 4:35. That train gets into Grayslake at 5:52. I can pick you guys up.

PS

I can guarantee no turtles will be killed on the way.

We're a late IN!

Bike is broke, car is questionable, airfare's too expensive, so.... We're going to take Amtrak KC to Chicago.

Can't wait! Cheers!

clap.gif

Ummm, Amtrak . . . "scheduled" arrival?

lmao.gif

Yeah, I know, which is why I put "scheduled" in quotes!

But actually I checked back on the routes history for the past few weeks and it has been surprisingly on time. Even getting in early some days. Presuming Amtrak's history on their own site can be believed. So here's hoping!

Great, your liberal earth hugging will get off to a start even before the party. eh Dennis!

grin.gif

Great, your liberal earth hugging will get off to a start even before the party. eh Dennis!

grin.gif

Never mind him Dennis, you can hug my Martha Stewart© Christmas Tree if you need to. wink.gif

grin.gif

Actually, after seeing how upset Ken was at the thought that there were motherless turtlettes crawling around West Virginia on their own, I was simpling trying to assure him that his plans would not result in a repeat.

Just funnin' withya Dennis...grin.gif

One week away! So far *** 39 *** guests! clap.gif

(and one befuddled host) dopeslap.gif

Advance weather, for a change, NO SNOWSTORMS! clap.gif

C'mon, we should be able to squeeze in few more, say 10 - 30??? wink.gif

Par-tee! - par-tee! - par-tee! clap.gif

Archived