IGNORED

Touratech Peg Extension Failure

Ken H.

This probably is not applicable to a lot of people, but while changing out the pillion pegs on our GS to different ones, I was exploring why the left side mount seemed so much looser than the right. Look how much it had bent after a couple of years of Donna (who is not a heavy weight by any stretch) stepping onto the left pillion peg to swing up and onto the bike:

205173760-M.jpg

Needless to say I now have switched to Suburban Machinery extensions for her.

She's going to get paranoid now and start dieting...... smirk.gif You didn't show her that peg and tell her your conclusion, did you?
Sure I did. Dosed with lots and lots of emphasis that it was a poor product and had nothing, repeat - nothing to do with her weight.

Of course! thumbsup.gif

Ken do either of those peg extensions just slip over the original peg without a lot of unbolting this and screwing in that? I would like to have some just to try on back of Scott's bike, but havent run across any that didn't look labor intensive or even just plain ugly. Suggestions are welcome, as I know I have barely scratched the surface in the quest to lower some pegs so I can stretch my legs a bit. My bike could really use it too, for myself, but then I think the shift and brake levers need readjusted. We are in the tooth business and not knowledgeable about these things. Any ideas. confused.gif

Ken do either of those peg extensions just slip over the original peg without a lot of unbolting this and screwing in that? I would like to have some just to try on back of Scott's bike, but havent run across any that didn't look labor intensive or even just plain ugly. Suggestions are welcome, as I know I have barely scratched the surface in the quest to lower some pegs so I can stretch my legs a bit. My bike could really use it too, for myself, but then I think the shift and brake levers need readjusted. We are in the tooth business and not knowledgeable about these things. Any ideas. confused.gif
Any of them (there are several manufactures) bolt on, but it's a fairly straightforward process. The rear pegs are held on with a metal pin/rod that has a clip on the bottom. Remove the clip and pull the pin. Put the extensions on the bike using the same pin and clip. Then using the bolts that come with the extensions attach the pegs that you took off the bike to the new now in place extensions.

For the front rider position it's much the same, however usually an adjustment of the shift and/or brake levers is desired too. Which can get a bit more involved.

Or just bring the bag of parts over and I'll put them on for you. thumbsup.gif

Suburban Machinery brand seem to be about the best built ones - Link

ISFA them being just plain ugly, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess!

Archived