IGNORED

Autocom Sale. Savings up to $150

EffBee

Autocom is making a minor change to their units. Port #1 on the Active and Pro AVi, which has always been a 4-contact port with the 4th contact not connected to anything, is now going to be powering that 4th contact so that their Part 1273 Bluetooth receiver can be plugged in and powered at the same time. This will limit the use of Port #1 to that Bluetooth receiver. However, you will be able to connect radar or GPS into Port #1 by means of a 4-contact #1285 splitter. In essence, Bluetoothing your phone just got easier, connecting your radar or GPS didn't get more difficult or expensive, just different.

Anyway, to facilitate the introduction of the new Active Rider2 and Pro AVi2 kits, the existing Active Rider and Pro AVi Kits have been discounted to their dealers. Those of us who have purchased these discounted kits are passing along the savings to our customers.

There were almost no Active Rider Solo Kits left. I think our dealership has more of them on sale than anyone.

Active Rider Duo Kits were plentiful and all dealers who bought them should have them on sale.

Pro AVi Kits were also Plentiful.

Pro AVi Duo Kits were in limited supply.

Savings are going to range about $70-$80 for the Active Rider kits (both Solo and Duo), and about $150 for the Pro AVi Kits (both Solo and Duo).

I'm obviously not quoting specific discounted prices because these may vary from dealer to dealer. You should contact your local Autocom Dealer to see if they purchased any of these discounted kits and are passing the savings along to you. If they don't, you can contact Autocom to see if they have any kits left, or you can contact me. But contact and support your local Autocom dealer first.

And yes, any existing Active Rider or Pro AVi can be upgraded later to power a Bluetooth Module (it's a simple modification to the PC-board), so you give up virtually nothing in purchasing the discontinued model.

Rocket_Cowboy
And yes, any existing Active Rider or Pro AVi can be upgraded later to power a Bluetooth Module (it's a simple modification to the PC-board), so you give up virtually nothing in purchasing the discontinued model.

Do you know what the process is to get an older Super Pro Avi unit upgraded to provide power on Aux 1? I have one that I bought at the beginning of the year ... now I understand why the bluetooth adapter (#1273) isn't working.

I'm guessing I'll need to yank the unit off the bike and send it back to Autocom?

Do you know what the process is to get an older Super Pro Avi unit upgraded to provide power on Aux 1? I have one that I bought at the beginning of the year ... now I understand why the bluetooth adapter (#1273) isn't working.

I'm guessing I'll need to yank the unit off the bike and send it back to Autocom?

You can either send the unit to Autocom (I don't have their exact prices, but it's about a $35-$40 modification, just don't quote me), or you can see if your dealer will exchange the 1273 for a 1276 (same price, I believe). The 1276 has a power lead wire. Tap it into the positive power lead going into the Autocom itself. It will ground through the pin, and your Bluetooth will work just fine.

Rocket_Cowboy
You can either send the unit to Autocom (I don't have their exact prices, but it's about a $35-$40 modification, just don't quote me), or you can see if your dealer will exchange the 1273 for a 1276 (same price, I believe). The 1276 has a power lead wire. Tap it into the positive power lead going into the Autocom itself. It will ground through the pin, and your Bluetooth will work just fine.

Thank you sir!

• 3 weeks later...
Rocket_Cowboy

Just to follow up on this thread...

I spoke to Scott at Autocom this afternoon. You are exactly correct, the PCB is already set up to power Aux one. All you need to do is add a jumper and solder. This change doesn't not void your warranty (says Scott).

You can also send the unit back to Autocom, and for $25 they will make the change for you. Scott says it takes less than a day for him to make the change and ship it back, so really your down time is only the shipping delay to/from Autocom.

Sounds like I'll just make the change myself. Thanks for all the info Eff!

Autocomamerica.com is a wonderful site that gives all the prices and is easy to navagate.

It would be a better site if they removed the dead links that say "comming soon", such as the "Configure a system” link.

Autocomamerica.com is a wonderful site that gives all the prices and is easy to navagate.

It would be a better site if they removed the dead links that say "comming soon", such as the "Configure a system” link.

Call me at the dealership. I'll go over your needs with you and we'll configure a system together. I did two of them today. One for a guy in Portland and one for a gentleman in Virgina Beach.

(909) 629-2132 8-5 PST

--Fernando

Archived