IGNORED

Cee Bailey replacement windshield

Bear1

Has anyone had any experience installing and using the Cee Bailey's stock replacement windshield for an '02 1150RT? I like the looks of the original shield but don't want to pay the price for a BMW replacement part from the local dealer.

Also, the ordering form on Cee Bailey's lumps together '96-'03 RT's together like they have a common windshield replacement. I know the '02 bike I have was a body style change, etc from the late 90's - early 2000's RT's. Did these bike, even though the body style is different, have the same windshield?

I would call them and ask them,,Dont order online,,See how long it well take to make it,,Get sales persons name,,I ordered a screen for my 07 RT,,3 months and no sheld,Took a nother 2 weeks to get my money back,,,

I like the looks of the original shield but don't want to pay the price for a BMW replacement part from the local dealer.

I see stock BMW shields on Ebay all the time. You may wish to check there.

I have one sitting in the garage in a box gathering dust too.

Dave McReynolds

I know that others have complained about poor customer service or delays in dealing with Cee Baileys, but I have ordered replacement windshields for 4 different BMW's I've owned, and have had excellent customer service and on-time deliveries in each case.

They make windshields in 1" increments higher and lower than stock, and most people who order from them do so because they want something different from the stock height. Usually, they want a higher windshield for more wind protection on longer trips. The Cee Bailey windshields are not intended to look exactly like stock windshields, either, as they have certain design features meant to improve the flow of air. I've never been happy with BMW stock windshields, and have always like the Cee Bailey's ones better.

milesandmiles

I've been looking at the California Science windshields. Sure seems like Mark Lawrence knows what he's talking about on the site. Does anyone have any experience with calsci?

I know that others have complained about poor customer service or delays in dealing with Cee Baileys, but I have ordered replacement windshields for 4 different BMW's I've owned, and have had excellent customer service and on-time deliveries in each case.

They make windshields in 1" increments higher and lower than stock, and most people who order from them do so because they want something different from the stock height. Usually, they want a higher windshield for more wind protection on longer trips. The Cee Bailey windshields are not intended to look exactly like stock windshields, either, as they have certain design features meant to improve the flow of air. I've never been happy with BMW stock windshields, and have always like the Cee Bailey's ones better.

ditto..no ordering issues, easy install and good wondscreen IMO.

I have a stock windshield from my R1150RT if you're interested. I replaced it with a Cee Bailey's Euro cut and love it. No problems with that company here.

Carl

I have the Cal Sci shield and love it. They shipped it the same afternoon I ordered it. Can't beat the price. The most I raise it is about an inch or so. No need to raise it any higher. Looks great on the bike too...

My advise would be to deal with a company with a better return policy than Cee Bailey. Be very sure that you really want a Cee Bailey windshield because once you install the windsheild it cannot be returned.

I had the CB Touring, I think #2 on my 97 RT and it REALLY was wonderful. I got it 6" "taller" than stock. The way it worked is that being longer than stock, I didn't have to raise it much, maybe 10-20% to get wonderful air flow.

Longer/Taller does not mean higher, unless you raise it up. Thus there is less distance between it and you for the air to collapse into and become turbulant.

The way I got the height was to tape cardboard on top of the stock one and went riding with some scissors. I kept cutting it down till i liked it.

might want to try a v-technic from national cycle. Ive had both and really like the protection of the v-tech over the cee bailey. V-tech has great protection, minimal distortion when looking thru it, no back pressure, no instability when completely raised. I have it on a 2006 RT and it is the best screen ive ever used. I had the aeroflow but it caused too much distortion when u look thru it and some back pressure. the cee bailey doesnt cause the distortion or back wash, but the v-tech offers more protection and is quieter.

Archived