IGNORED

Tee shirts...Whip got me thinking...

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Whip, that's great, hombre. No intention of cuttin' in on yer action. I'm sure your friend will do fine and my buddy IS a bit difficult to motivate.

A leftover from all that funny stuff we smoked together back in the early 70s.... smirk.gif

Hey Doc

I have no action, cut in all you want.

I did meet with the artist, he can have some sketches in a couple weeks. We have an appointment with the Alamo buyers on the 25th that he needs to work on. After that he'll get started on the designs for the UN.

Using a 1200GS as part of the design with some John Day character in it.

How close did Lewis and Clark get to John Day?

Is there any historical stuff near where the campsite is????

Any views of mountains or rivers that would give the design some extra significants???

Any "special" landmarks at all????

Whip

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
the Alamo buyers
You can purchase the Alamo?? eek.gif

A lovely home for a larger family, the Alamo is situated in a prime area and has Eastern views and a light, airy feeling... grin.gif

the Alamo buyers
You can purchase the Alamo?? eek.gif

A lovely home for a larger family, the Alamo is situated in a prime area and has Eastern views and a light, airy feeling... grin.gif

No indoor plumbin.

No A/C

No heat

People won't leave ya alone between 10am and 5pm.

Very spooky at night.....way too many deaths in that place.

Otherwise a good fixer upper with lots of po.

clap.gif

Whip, the area is mountainous with a lot of spectacular geology -- not as spectacular as S. Utah -- and pine forests. Some historic homesteads but no real landmark I can think of.

The most famous thing is fossil beds. Some very extensive paleontological stuff.

The PaleoUNtological Rally?

A dinosaur riding a GS in a Mountain Man outfit?

...searching for the Alamo...

The John Day River runs through the town, in fact right next to the Fairgrounds.

Speaking of Mountain Women, doc, I have an Alaska t-shirt with a woman riding a big salmon like it is a bronco. Words around the picture are, "Ride em hard, ride em fast, put em away wet." Not sure what all that means but Julie won't let me wear it in public. grin.gif

Rod

Maybe this sounds stupid, considering the fossil beds how about a Flintstone theme bike. Stone wheels, bones for frame pieces and such. Just an idea.

We have a guest at the house that has been through John Day. He says it reminds him of Torrey with all the red rock???

I haven't seen any pix with red rock. Is he talkin about the same John Day???

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Maybe he's talking about the red layers through the rock like the photo I posted in the public forum? Dunno beyond that. Maybe one of the other boys can chime in.

• 1 month later...
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Beautiful Wade.

Whip, can your team give me a price range for the tee shirts? I want to start putting together the event budget after the New Year's holiday.

I'm sure we can.

I'm thinkin 4 color process.

2 sided shirt, pocket on front(1 color) design on back(CMYK, 4 color proccess) on distressed tees.(stone washed)

I'll check with Tony right now....

Wade, see if you can get a quote from your man.

Whip

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Okay. Me and Whip had a conversation. The price we're going with is $12 per shirt, which must include shipping to John Day.

Nothing else has been decided such as design, shirt color or print vendor. Tony can do this for these prices. Whip's shop may be set up in time. Wade, your contact is still in the running too. Really we just talked about pricing because I needed to move forward with the budget.

Happy Holidays everybody! wave.gif

• 6 months later...
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I thought you all would like to see the full thing. Tony does good work. There is a version of the sticker design over the left breast. One box, 62 pounds. Ooof!

320703074_weYAR-L.jpg

Archived