IGNORED

Where to store bike registration etc

gptyler

This may be the dumbest question ever, but where do most of you store the important papers such as registration, that you must keep on the bike. On My old LT there was a nice spot in the top box, but I don't want to put it there on my RT, since I remove it often. Reluctant to put it under seat as it takes the key to get at it and it is not a weather proof location. Help!

russell_bynum

On my RT: in the glove compartment in a small ziplock.

On Lisa's RS and my Tuono: under the rear seat in a small ziplock.

On Lisa's DR200: in the tool compartment in a small ziplock.

On my DR400: In the tool bag on the rear fender in a small ziplock.

ShovelStrokeEd

Mostly in my wallet, in a very small ziploc.

When touring, in a ziploc in my top case, with my wallet. Sometimes in my tankbag with the whole wallet in a ziploc.

I keep one credit card in the inner pocket of my jacket for gas station and hotel use so I don't have to fish around for the wallet at gas stops or to check into whatever hotel I stop at for the night.

Go by a boating supply place and get a small waterproof box or cylinder. Mine is stored behind the rear seat inside th tail light section, next to the tool kit.

I keep my registration and insurance papers in the same BMW zip loc bag that stores my manual, which is all stored under the pasenger seat. out of the way and weather proof.

Joe Frickin' Friday
This may be the dumbest question ever, but where do most of you store the important papers such as registration, that you must keep on the bike. On My old LT there was a nice spot in the top box, but I don't want to put it there on my RT, since I remove it often. Reluctant to put it under seat as it takes the key to get at it and it is not a weather proof location. Help!

What kinda RT you got? On my 1100RT, I keep the registration and proof of insurance in the glovebox. I first took them to Kinko's and had them laminated; that keeps them from getting wrinkled up and water-damaged, no matter where they end up.

My ST came with a zip top bag that sits between the tool roll and the rear seat pan.

Hey, thats where I keep mine thumbsup.gif PITA when you get pulled over DAMHIK wink.gif

Rog

My ST came with a zip top bag that sits between the tool roll and the rear seat pan.

Hey, thats where I keep mine thumbsup.gif PITA when you get pulled over DAMHIK wink.gif

Rog

BTDT w/stuff bungied on top of the seat. I pointed to the seat and the officer waited by the car for me to unpack it all.

I use a Grifter, a thin plastic lock box that sits underneath the license plate. It holds my registration, proof of insurance and other assorted things I might need. You can get them at Cyclegadgets.com

Archived