IGNORED

CBR1000F - it runs, it runs!

Bob Palin

So after all the teasing and commentary on the fate of my CBR1000F this past week I decided to install the new battery and see what happened. After a slight whiff of starting spray the CBR roared to life, almost 2 years after the last time I put gas in it and 19 months since I last started it. I let it warm up a bit then turned it off until the afternoon when it fired up instantly. Took a ride out to Mt Gleno and then Fish Lake, had to pass the ever dangerous genetically challenged pork cows

img_0401.jpg

I opened it up along Mr Pheer straight and may have seen an indicated speed in the 130 area, it was still pulling but not wanting to become a Pheerite I eased off.

Here it is at Mt Gleno

img_0405.jpg

The view was as impressive as ever though somewhat different than it was on Saturday in the snow

pano_407.jpg

From there I backtracked to the Fish Lake road and headed uphill, on the second corner I came head to head with three deer out for their tea which slowed me down considerably. Most of the leaves had been blown off the trees by the weekend's storm but in more sheltered places some were still colorful

img_0414.jpg

Fish Lake was absolutely infested with hooven, on the road, on the grass, there were hundreds

img_0416.jpg

Continued on around the loop rather than going back down to 72 as it was getting late.

106 miles and the CBR performed perfectly after sitting for nearly 2 years, I love those Z4s, they didn't slip on the tar snakes at all. I tried Z6s on the RT and didn't like them nearly as much, not sure what I'll put on the CBR next.

p.s. I also replaced the broken lock on my front door - so there!

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
p.s. I also replaced the broken lock on my front door - so there!

Well that's the most important part don't you think? grin.gif

Uh... I honestly thought the job would come first...

Nonetheless, I'm impressed.

Does this mean that everything in the garage runs now?

Firefight911

Wow, now that is impressive!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Nice job Killer!!! Hmmmm, did I just say job and Killer in the same sentence????????? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Now you don't have to worry about the plug we put in the RT. tongue.giftongue.gif

P.S. Thanks a million for one of the most amazing weekends I have ever had on 2 wheels!! You are truly a scholar and a gentleman. wave.gifthumbsup.gif

Here it is at Mt Gleno

img_0405.jpg

Looks like you must've washed it, too! It looks rather less dusty than when last I saw it. Good job!

Calvin  (no socks)

Bob, thanks for confirming my diagnosis on the Honda. thumbsup.gif

So that is why the door was always open... I didn't even know the lock was broken... did I mention I have locksmith training. eek.gif

Make sure I have something to fix when I visit in May. grin.gif

Here it is at Mt Gleno

img_0405.jpg

Looks like you must've washed it, too! It looks rather less dusty than when last I saw it. Good job!

130 should pretty much remove all traces of dust! thumbsup.gif

Make sure I have something to fix when I visit in May. grin.gif

We're organizing a sanding and re-staining of the porch, steps and railings for May Torrey! It's BYOPalm sander and sandpaper and Bob will pick out the stain he wants. I figure a dozen of us or so could make light work of it before the welcome meeting poolside on Friday evening! thumbsup.gif
lol.. did you guys actually name that straight after me? lmao.gif
I made it up just for this ride tale but it seems appropriate. wink.gif
Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Wow! Yet another way to enjoy the beauty of Torrey. Knowing it's a Honda, I had no doubt it would start with the minimum requirements, that is, fuel, air, and direct current. thumbsup.gif

Okay, and what's up with the tube tops on the cows?

Does this mean that everything in the garage runs now?
Well, yes, technically everything in the garage runs, but out in the back shed I have several non working internal combustion engines - lawn mower, tiller, chipper, chainsaw... Cal-viiiin! grin.gif

Yes Calvin you were absolutely correct in your diagnosis of the CBR, I liked my story about mice but yours has a better outcome. Thanks.

Did I miss a Ride Tale somewhere?? smile.gif
Did I miss a Ride Tale somewhere?? smile.gif
No ride tale, one day Wheatie and Gleno turned up on my front porch and asked for help loading a wadded up bike onto a trailer. It seems Mr Pheer had been inconvenienced by a section of Sweeper Madness...
russell_bynum

It seems Mr Pheer had been inconvenienced by a section of Sweeper Madness...

If that isn't typical British understatement, I don't know what is.

grin.gif

Archived