IGNORED

power for autocom intercom system

calnative61

I just installed a Autocom Active Duo intercom system on my ,02 rt. The question I have is that the Autocom directions tells you to install the power lead to the first left blue fuse in the fuse box. I did that and it powered the system fine. But I noticed that the system was powered even with the key in the off position. There are 2 blue fuse in the fuse box, so I tried them both. With the same result. I'm not sure if the system powers down when not in use or is it a constant draw on the battery. Where can I get power, without the constant draw on the battery?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I'm sure this has already been covered some where. Any help will be appreciated. cool.gif

I believe that on the 1150, Autocom USA is suggesting Fuse #4, counting from the left when sitting astride the bike. To verify, give them a call at 888-851-4327. The AM/FM radio fuse will work, but that circuit is designed to stay on until you put your forks in the locked position, so be aware.

bigwilliejoe

I used the tail light power under the seat...keyed and works...now if I can get my Motorola bluetooth to work on the autocom!!!

My autocom turns itself off when I disconnect the headset cord---don't they all do this?

Only when they are running off a 9V battery. If they are hardwired into the bike, they are on when they have power and off when they don't. The headset has nothing to do with it.

That's good to know. I've been going under the assumption that as long as it's not plugged into the headset it's not on. dopeslap.gif

My autocom turns itself off when I disconnect the headset cord---don't they all do this?

Only when they are running off a 9V battery. If they are hardwired into the bike, they are on when they have power and off when they don't. The headset has nothing to do with it.

Archived