IGNORED

replacing burned out fog light bulb on 1150RT, easiest way?

co_g30

so, my right side fog light is burned out, noticed it today when I checked the bike before riding home from work.

when I got home, finally figured out how to maybe get to the dang bulb to take it out for replacement.

however, am wondering if anyone out there's done this on their own RT and which way was easiest in retrospect?

1. dismount right side horn, remove rubber cap and get at bulb without removing the right side fairing. Right now the horn is impeding easy access which is why I want to dismount it.

or

2. remove the right side fairing first, then do option 1 above because I'll be able to see and move around better in the tight space involved?

or

there's some easier way?

thanks in advance

dom

...or

there's some easier way?

thanks in advance

dom

Stop by my house and I'll show you how (by removing the speakers). But not this weekend. Maybe next?

Mike O

...or

there's some easier way?

thanks in advance

dom

Stop by my house and I'll show you how (by removing the speakers). But not this weekend. Maybe next?

Mike O

thanks very much for the offer Mike, I went ahead and tried method one and unmounting the horn did give me enough room to get at both the wires holding the H3 bulb in place and to unhook what I assume is the power lead that connects to the wire that comes with an H3 bulb.

It was a bit of a pita involving some contortions of my hands/arms but finally got the spare H3 bulb I happened to have on hand secured in place.

I don't have the radio speakers or the radio for that matter so they were not a factor.

Thanks again though for the offer though!

Dom

It's to late now but the last time I did mine i just popped the mirror off and it gave me enough room to do the right side like that. No fairing or horn removal. I can't speak for th left side but it worked for the RT.

Archived