IGNORED

Guess the site of UNrally VII !

weeble

As the first person to correctly guess the site of UNrally VI as being in Fayetteville, WV, it is my obligation to start a "Guess the site of UNrally VII" thread. Suppposedly it is in the Pacific Northwest....soooo....my guess is ....Winthrop, WA

Actually, it wouldn't be fair for me to play since we selected the people to run the next UnRally some time ago, but Kingman, AZ in August sounds about as good as anyplace. tongue.gif

Don't forget Starbuck, WA.

My actual guess is Pullman, WA or Lewiston, ID. (Yeah, I can count, that's two. But they're close.)

Samara, Costa Rica

Yeah, except for the fact that the roads there may leave something to be desired... smile.gif

(I took that on my last trip down there. Not the greatest pic, but you get the point. It had just happened the night before. So we had to go inland and go across stuff like this)

Samara, Costa Rica

Yeah, except for the fact that the roads there may leave something to be desired... smile.gif

(I took that on my last trip down there. Not the greatest pic, but you get the point. It had just happened the night before. So we had to go inland and go across stuff like this)

Remember, we're talking about the guy who rides an RT like a dirt bike!!

What the problem is!?!?!? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Boy, do I remember the Costa Rican bridges!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

More daylight through them than bridge itself!

I don't know what the un rally is all about, but if any one needs any ideas on routs. I know this area. Check out (The Best of PNW June) trip we did this summer.

Okay, Nighthawk, WA.

?????

That's not even on the map in my road atlas. confused.gif

Just googled it... It's a ghost town... It's the kind of place Steve likes to ride to... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif
Bonners Ferry, Idaho? Almost in Canada?

When does the destination get revealed? smile.gif

Patience grasshopper. It will be many months till it is all revealed. grin.gif

Olympia, Washington....

Lotsa routes near there & what can you say bad about a place where the downtown Supermarket is next to the local Yacht Club & the ocean hits the back of both buildings!! smile.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I second what Whip said!
This is definitely being taken into consideration. As far as when the date and place will be revealed, it won't be today. However, Sullivan Lake Road out of Metaline Falls, WA looks like fun. Maybe we'll be there? Of course, I think that's a dirt road... lmao.gif
I second what Whip said!
This is definitely being taken into consideration. As far as when the date and place will be revealed, it won't be today. However, Sullivan Lake Road out of Metaline Falls, WA looks like fun. Maybe we'll be there? Of course, I think that's a dirt road... lmao.gif

You dirty dog, you. grin.gif

I just hope it's in June or early July.....so all the teachers and school admins can go......

Whip

Not to mention anyone with children.....

Shawn

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I just hope it's in June or early July.....so all the teachers and school admins can go......

Whip

Shawn

Okay, so we won't mention them...hyuk hyuk, I crack myself up sometimes. How about Monte Cristo, WA? Then again, I've always wanted to have a party in Cosmopolis or Humptulips.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Don't forget Starbuck, WA.

My actual guess is Pullman, WA or Lewiston, ID. (Yeah, I can count, that's two. But they're close.)

I've been through Starbuck...didya know that they have no commercial coffee service? This sounds like a great marketing opportunity to me! grin.gif

How about having it the last week in June and either Eureka Springs, Arkansas; the Great Lakes Region (anywhere); Branson, Missouri. Eureka and Branson both have their fair share of twisties and actually are not too far apart, so it is easy to take them both in and ride until you drop. It is somewhat central in the US and easily accessable for those who can't take long periods off to treck across the US and back and try to enjoy the UN. May have more folks able to participate if it is easily accessed. Just my .02.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
How about having it the last week in June and either Eureka Springs, Arkansas; the Great Lakes Region (anywhere); Branson, Missouri. Eureka and Branson both have their fair share of twisties and actually are not too far apart, so it is easy to take them both in and ride until you drop. It is somewhat central in the US and easily accessable for those who can't take long periods off to treck across the US and back and try to enjoy the UN. May have more folks able to participate if it is easily accessed. Just my .02.
Thanks for the suggestions Sheila. A moderator will probably beat me to this, but the Un gets moved around year to year. Some times East, Central or West. If you look at the Un forums of olde, you'll see that the distribution has gone Colorado, Arkansas (Eureka Spgs), Wyoming, Virginia, Colorado and this year, West Virginia. So it's due to head back West. Part of the location is determined by whomever is foolish enough to step forward and UnOrganize it. I think I must have been drunk when I approached Leslie the last time it was in Gunnison. So basically the location has been brewing for some time. Ultimately it's the admin/moderator's decision who to stick in the hot seat and I guess I won/lost. grin.gif All of the places you mentioned are nice and all, but I'm really a wuss and don't want to ride my new thumper that far. I think my butt will fall off.

So keep an eye on the Ride Planning forum and in the next month or so dates and locations will be announced.

Stay tuned...

In 08 it is going to be on the west coast in fairness to all of the west coast members who have traveled thousands of miles for the other UN's. IMO it's a fair and reasonable idea since Gunnison has been the furtherest west for any UN.

But the Pied Piper run from the east coast to the NW should be a hoot. Hope you can join up.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the suggestions Sheila. A moderator will probably beat me to this, but the Un gets moved around year to year. Some times East, Central or West. If you look at the Un forums of olde, you'll see that the distribution has gone Colorado, Arkansas (Eureka Spgs), Wyoming, Virginia, Colorado and this year, West Virginia. So it's due to head back West. Part of the location is determined by whomever is foolish enough to step forward and UnOrganize it. I think I must have been drunk when I approached Leslie the last time it was in Gunnison. So basically the location has been brewing for some time. Ultimately it's the admin/moderator's decision who to stick in the hot seat and I guess I won/lost. grin.gif All of the places you mentioned are nice and all, but I'm really a wuss and don't want to ride my new thumper that far. I think my butt will fall off.

So keep an eye on the Ride Planning forum and in the next month or so dates and locations will be announced.

Stay tuned...

Only on BMWST would a non-BMW rider be the UN-organizer.

An early thank you to Dog Dancer for accepting the challenge. I already know what a great RT/GS rider he is and am sure that he will have a UN that will be remembered for a long time.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I am sure that he will have a UN that will be remembered for a long time.
Thanks for heaping on the pressure Bud. Just for you I'll hold it in Point Roberts, WA.
I am sure that he will have a UN that will be remembered for a long time.
Thanks for heaping on the pressure Bud. Just for you I'll hold it in Point Roberts, WA.

Hey, and it will be my first UN, so it had d**m well better be memorable! But no pressure, right.

lmao.gif

Thanks for taking it on! thumbsup.gif

We have never ridden in the PNW and are looking forward to seeing the place. I'm already planning the route through Banff/Kootenay and I don't even know where I'm headed yet.

Missoula, MT
Hey, I've ridden around Missoula and Glacier a few times already. Nothing wrong with it, but I want it farther West! I've not ridden in Oregon and except for a flash ride - part of it with the bike on Pilgrim's trailer - not in Washington.

Whip

Shawn

Yeah, that would be very helpful

Raymond, WA. PLEASE let's have it in one of the cooler parts of the PNW rather than on the dry side, and I would like a sticker, missed that at this year's Un.

In order to identify the best possible location for the next Un-rally I have taken the most commen and universal language (see movie contact) approach. As Jody Foster has informed us, mathematics is the UNIVERSAL language

So first we must define our two most west coast and east coast points. Based upon exhaustive dart throwing, San Francisco is our west point and Virginia Beach is our East point.

The two “EAST coast venues have been Staunton, VA, and Fayetteville WV. With Staunton, VA as the most eastern venue.

Taking our most Eastern starting point, Virginia Beach, and calculating the mileage to Staunton, VA we see that Staunton, VA is about 215 miles in-land from the East Coast.

Therefore we now have our first reference point. The West Coast location must be 215 miles inland from the West Coast reference point.

Now we must determine our North / South variance. So once again taking darts in hand, we find our Northern point of Pembina, ND, and our Southern point, Corpus Christi, Tx . From those two points we find that Staunton, VA is about 750 miles South.

So with this very accurate set of calculations, we can now determine the exact point of our next Un-Rally.

We will precede 215 miles in-land from San Francisco, and 750 miles South from Pembina, ND and that will be the precise location of our next Un Rally.

Finally we need to make sure the pied piper tour has approximately the same travel distance. So taking the pied piper from San Francisco to Staunton, VA we see we have approximately 2,650 miles. Now taking the East Coast Pied Piper tour from Virginia Beach, VA approximately 2,650 miles we arrive at

Best Western Lake View Lodge

30 Main St

Lee Vining CA 93541

(760) 647-6543

I have already called and made my reservation. See you all at Lee Vining, CA in the middle of July in 2008 lmao.gif

Archived