IGNORED

Its another Tequila Torrey...

azkaisr

It's bad enough that we've got two Russell's from SoCal who ride Tuonos...now we've got:

HotJamie

NerdyJamie

and now ChuckwagonJamie.

I'm so confused.

It's bad enough that we've got two Russell's from SoCal who ride Tuonos...now we've got:

HotJamie

NerdyJamie

and now ChuckwagonJamie.

I'm so confused.

I'm not confused! This is simple, I'm canceling my offer to bring limes! thumbsup.gif

HotJamie

NerdyJamie

and now ChuckwagonJamie.

I'm so confused.

**Ahem**

It's worse than you thought! We DO have quite a few Russells on the DB (don't forget, we've got "RussellW" and "ittech" thumbsup.gif ), but we seem to have even MORE "Jamie's":

"Hot Jamie" (aka "2bmwfan")

"Cool Jamie" (yours truly, and NOT "nerdy Jamie" tongue.gif )

"ChuckwagonJamie" (Randy's son, "JAMES_AUSTIN" and the new proprietor of our beloved "Chuckwagon" in Torrey, UT! wave.gif )

and don't forget the other Jamie . . . Michael aka "STIR's" SO! smile.gif

I will have Oban ready to go for the early arrivers! Also a tequila yet to be named. tongue.gifthumbsup.gif
They better be very early arrivers if you bring that to my house on Tuesday night smile.gif

HotJamie

NerdyJamie

and now ChuckwagonJamie.

I'm so confused.

**Ahem**

It's worse than you thought! We DO have quite a few Russells on the DB (don't forget, we've got "RussellW" and "ittech" thumbsup.gif ), but we seem to have even MORE "Jamie's":

"ChuckwagonJamie" (Randy's son, "JAMES_AUSTIN" and the new proprietor of our beloved "Chuckwagon" in Torrey, UT! wave.gif )

Hi Jamies!!!!!!!!

See you all very soon!!

Love,

Hot Jamie grin.gif

HotJamie

NerdyJamie

and now ChuckwagonJamie.

I'm so confused.

**Ahem**

Hi Jamies!!!!!!!!

See you all very soon!!

Love,

Hot Jamie grin.gif

So, does that mean we have HotJamie1 and HotJamie2, plus NerdyJamie and ChuckwagonJamie? Doesn't exactly sound like a Bevery Hills Law Firm, now, does it?

No offense, but......

Tequila and all of it's trappings are the main reason that I avoid the Torrey Gatherings.

Having been raised by an alcoholic father has led me to find little humor or bravado in senseless intoxication.

It's a shame that more folks can't figure out a way of enjoying themselves without the use of drugs.

I was fortunate to be able to attend Torrey XII. While I did have a couple of cold brews before dinner, I did not consider it as important to the occasion. The primary theme was to enjoy myself and meet others. Meeting everyone for the first time was what this was all about. With this group you do not need any "push" to feel at ease, even as a newcomer. I wasn't there 5 minutes before everyone introduced themselves, some gave me hugs, and I was a part of an event that I will never forget. If you want to sit back and chill out, there are those who will do that. If you want to stay at .00% you can and will totally enjoy yourself. Intoxication is definitely not the focus for this group.

I'm planning to ride cross country to go back next year. cool.gif

Torrey is not a drunk fest, lots and lots of riding, on spectacular roads with spectacular views. Getting the privilege to hang out and BS with some really nice folks from all over. And at the end of the day have a bit of a night cap with some folks laughing at yourself and the antics from the day.

Well said, Roy. I say that we get together, enjoy some libation, and get into great conversation. This year I think we should make it a point to talk about........

FINAL DRIVES!!!!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

It's a shame that more folks can't figure out a way of enjoying themselves without the use of drugs.

Oh we have .................. if fact we gave Wurty a little something a couple Torrey's ago just for that. lmao.gif

Oh we have .................. if fact we gave Wurty a little something a couple Torrey's ago just for that. lmao.gif

On second thought, drugs don't look so bad after all.... tongue.gifgrin.gif

...but there are three or four people who are regularly drunk every time I've seen them at an event.

Well, I don't know about 3 or 4, but there is one person I'll just call "SM" who usually casts a pall over Torrey whenever he shows up and starts in with his inebriated antics. Anyone who was present when he tried to take that Utah State Trooper's car for a joyride knows what I'm talking about. The sight of SM, handcuffed and spread eagle on the hood of the car was one the saddest sights I've ever seen. I tried to get him to seek help once, and the next morning the brakes on my RT didn't work. All the fluid was drained out. I almost got creamed when I tried to leave the Chuckwagon. As I picked up my bike, rolled it to the side and tried to calm my nerves, I saw SM sitting in front of the store with a smug little smile on his face. He scares me. Really.

928720-aftertheride.jpg

One of the neat things about this group is its diversity, generosity, overriding humanity, and especially its perspicacity.

You forgot to include 'vocabulary' in your list there. And incidentally, I'll be there, and I'll try to bring a bottle of something unusual, but it ain't gonna be tequila.

While we're at it, how did this whole 'Sammy' thing start, anyway? I'd kill it, but I think it was Gleno's doing, and even if not, every time someone calls me that, I wind up thinking of him, so I guess I'm stuck with it, now, eh? grin.gif I don't think I let anyone call me Sammy between 1984 and 2001 unless she was REALLY good looking, and I hate to break it to y'all, but...

--sam

While we're at it, how did this whole 'Sammy' thing start, anyway? I'd kill it, but I think it was Gleno's doing, and even if not, every time someone calls me that, I wind up thinking of him, so I guess I'm stuck with it, now, eh? grin.gif I don't think I let anyone call me Sammy between 1984 and 2001 unless she was REALLY good looking, and I hate to break it to y'all, but...

--sam

Sorry, I must have picked it up from Gleno--he always referred to you as "Sammy" . . . but then that's just the kind of guy he was. bncry.gif

I'll try to show more respect in the future, Samuel. wink.gif

A friend gave me a bottle of that - just about done with it after 2 years! A good sipping tequila with a unique interesting flavor - a quite earthy stone-like taste to it.

Archived