IGNORED

Yet ANOTHER UnRally Thank you thread!

KMG_365

Leslie and I are STILL on our way home and we are having the trip of a lifetime! thumbsup.gifclap.gif

. . . but we still can't get over what a fantastic UnRally Mark, Sylva and their team put on for all of us this year--so here's yet ANOTHER BIG TIME THANK YOU for your efforts and those of your excellent team! clap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

Here is the happy (and newly wedded) couple:

196095884-L.jpg

In addition to everything else they've got going on in their lives--including their wedding just a few months ago--they managed to pull off another bar-setting UnRally!! You guys ROCK!!!

Helping with registration, staffing the check-in, handing out T-Shirts, making and distributing the name tags, and generally backing up Mark and Sylva with the details of making this look so easy, were Bob "1st Shirt" and SunJoo:

195732054-L.jpg

Bob came down with a bug right before the trip and also ended up having bike trouble at the last minute so they didn't even get to ride to the UnRally--but still they happily helped out with many aspects of the behind the scenes stuff so that all of us could relax and enjoy ourselves--thanks again you two, for EVERYTHING!! clap.gif

If you got a chance to ride some of the excellent routes diligently scouted (no, he doesn't live in West Virginia) and lovingly prepared for you by Todd "big-t", you know what a debt of gratitude we all owe him for his efforts! clap.gif

. . . not to mention having to chaperone Christine "HoonTang" and Shannon "TN_R11_Girl"! eek.gif

Now there's a job no one should have to suffer through! lmao.gif

196063213-L.jpg

Thanks again everyone!! You all did a FANTASTIC job and you can be proud that you have moved this still fledgling UnRally idea yet another huge step forward!!! clap.gif

Next year in the PNW!!! Are you listening "Dancing Wiener Dude"?? I talked to some East Coasters this year and I hear the Pied Piper is coming again next year! And all you folks who live along the way--be ready!! grin.gifcool.gif

Personally, I would be remiss if I didn't also again thank the hosts of this year's "official" Pied Piper Tour (though I gathered there were a few other "tours" as well! clap.gif ):

Michael "SageRider", who WAS going to host at Minden, NV for the "Pied Piper Tour Rally Point I" (but after a few folks who shall not be named backed out . . . tongue.gifgrin.gif ) decided (like us) to leave early and see a few other sights on the way to the rendezvous at Rally Point II:

190891880-L.jpg

"Mike05" and Joyce, who threw us all a party in the Dallas, TX area for "Rally Point II"--even though he still had his bike torn apart (and didn't get to leave until Saturday) and Joyce flew out just to spend a far too short time with the rest of us in WV:

189636009-L.jpg

Emerson "murrayg" and his lovely family who also put on a wonderful BBQ for "Rally Point III" and the growing Pied Piper group--L-R: Kiara, Emerson ("murrayg"), Marissa and Elana.

189866981-L.jpg

"Bud" and Nancy in Nashville, Illinois hosted not one but TWO days for "Rally Point IV"! We had a little Tech Daze, ate some wonderful food, cranked a little home made ice cream and generally had a blast!

190262211-L.jpg

"Ken H." and Donna led all 11 bikes all the way from Bud's place to Lexington, KY and Ken created some great routes for all of us all the way to Fayetteville as well as gave a little Mini Tech Daze on the device to read the Moronic's error codes! clap.gif

( . . . though only the lucky six bikes in my group got to experience the "Tunnel Of Death" eek.giflmao.gif )

190887703-L.jpg

Also those who hosted Leslie and I on our magnum trek coast to coast:

"MikeO" and Bernie in Westminster, CO (Denver area) on the way out:

189172875-L.jpg

Bob "1st Shirt" and SunJoo again after the Unrally who also took us to see some wonderful sights in the D.C. area:

195421503-L.jpg

Jim and Amy . . . in Columbus, OH (sorry I got it wrong last time, Tom! dopeslap.gif ):

195420740-L.jpg

Tom and Joyce in Rockford, IL (and new family additions, Kate and Rocky! wave.gif ):

195420164-L.jpg

I just had a nice chat with Jan "Twisties" on the phone in Salt Lake City, UT tonight and he gave us some GREAT side roads to take from Laramie, WY in to their place tomorrow. Hopefully some more of the Utah Crew can come by to hang out for a bit and I can grab some more pics of everyone!

I also need to thank the rest of the Administrators for keeping this place humming along while we were out playing!

And lastly, my lovely and loving wife, Leslie, aka "Mama Hoon", the "Queen Mum" of BMWSportTouring--who, while fighting health issues that kept her from piloting her own steed out to West Virginia--kindly agreed to grace the Pied Piper's pillion seat on this trip! Even though she's on vacation, she's still hard at work on the road:

195732184-L-1.jpg

Thanks for a wonderful trip, babe! I'll peel you a grape (or Roma tomato! wink.gif ) any day! grin.gif

195732376-L.jpg

Jamie;

Nice tale and great pictures! I'm not sure about the first one of me and Sunjoo, it kind of looks fuzzy. Maybe it was those foo-foo drinks I was drinking back at the cabin. thumbsup.giftongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Sunjoo and I really enjoyed seeing everyone, especially you and Leslie. Two days after you left Sunjoo said to me "We need to get a bigger house and then Jamie and Leslie can live with us. Wouldn't that be so much fun?" She really misses both of you. Have a ______ (insert whatever tongue.gif) on the rest of your ride home.

We'll talk soon, Bob & Sunjoo

To add to this,

Another huge thanks to Killer for the use of the vacation chalet and convertible for our mini-vacation before the Un-vacation. You're a generous bloke, Bobby Palin, no matter what the others say! lmao.gif

3931766-L.jpg

AND

Kudos to Tony K for the new duds!

UNSHIRT.jpg

Jamie and Leslie,

The priviledge of hosting the Pied Piper run was the highlight of my summer of ridding. I'm glad everybody had a great time. At Casa de "G" we look forward to hosting some east coasters on their way to UN PNW Style.

What a great group. They even put up with my erratic riding to Bud's Place and what a place it is. BTW, we saved 1 hour and 15 minutes with the combo slab-twisty route vs 100% twisty from "G" to Bud's. smile.gif

Penelope and I would like to thank everyone who had anything to do with this, out first event (and honeymoon). She is so charged up that I think she is going to EL Pasao by herself (sorry, I just can't get away from work). Organizing anything is a lot of work even if it is UNorganized. clap.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.gifclap.gif

Next year in the PNW!!! Are you listening "Dancing Wiener Dude"??

Huh, did somebody say something?? lmao.gif

Yeah, they're being ultra-secretive about that one. Trust me. I couldn't get them to say anything about it. Nothing. Nada. Dunno what you're talking about.

I must agree.... there seems to be a lot of confusion at the UN as to "who's your momma"... confused.gif

Or maybe Richard has a better explaination for this? eek.gif

(yeah, I know.... I'm even MORE on Richard's list now....) clap.gif

Jim

926052-Richard.JPG.183e3a7f26b0bfc4ed85ec30cd8b3131.JPG

Jamie and Leslie,

Glad you folks are still enjoying yourselves! thumbsup.gif

Hopefully you won't mind if I pile it on in your thread rather than start my own...

Mark and Sylva, Great Unrally! Fantastic job! (and congrats on the wedding and the future expansion of the family!) Thank you!

Mike (Mike05) and Joyce, Thank you for a great party Texas style!

Emerson, Elana, Kiara, & Marissa, Thank you for your gracious hospitality and a wonderful stay!

Bud and Nancy, Thank you!

2 days of pure fun (well... except for those d@mn mosquito bites that were itching like crazy in places we won't mention here... tongue.gif)! Thanks for your hospitality and you anti-itch cream! thumbsup.gif (You know there's something wrong when with two people sitting at the same table one person gets bit at least 14 times and the other person gets bit maybe once... eek.gif)

"Ken H." and Donna, Thanks for your Pied Piper routing as well as your turtle wacksing (sic!) and your mini-tech daze / code reader demo!

"Slyder Steve", Thanks! As with Hill Country earlier this year, a great person to share a room with and ride with thumbsup.gif.

"C_Williams", Enjoyed the actual start of the Pied Piper rally when the first two bikes & riders actually joined up, even if completely by random luck, in Pagosa Springs Colorado One day prior to arriving at Mike05's.

To all that assisted in any way with the Unrally, thank you for work well done!

To all those that I rode with , Thanks for a memorable experience!

P.S.... Thanks to Mike & Joyce's "Frankie" for providing companionship to a lonely man on the road eek.giftongue.gifgrin.gif.....

926234-P1000481.JPG

926234-P1000481.JPG.199297853554cca760d9c59643fb42dc.JPG

Archived