IGNORED

CHECK IN THREAD for UnRally-VI in Fayetteville, WV September 4-6, 2007!!

KMG_365

Home Sat about 4:00pm. I had such a great time meeting everyone, i'm still smiling. I rode down & back with Svensk (Eric H) & had a great ride.

Pat

Well, I just flew in from Nashville, and boy are my arms tired! (ba-bump-bump).

It was really great seeing you all, and the riding was fun, too. Thanks again to David for the generous loan of his bike and home.

Arrived home around 2 PM this afternoon, stayed mostly on the I-70 avoiding most of the rain and winds south of me with a detour through Torrey, Sweeper Madness, and the 93 in Eastern Nevada

A big thanks to everyone who made the UnRally and Pied Piper run happen

Had a great time

clap.gif

Arrived home around 2 PM this afternoon, stayed mostly on the I-70 avoiding most of the rain and winds south of me with a detour through Torrey, Sweeper Madness, and the 93 in Eastern Nevada

A big thanks to everyone who made the UnRally and Pied Piper run happen

Had a great time

clap.gif

Glad to hear you made it home OK Carl. Nice to meet and ride with you.

When I left the UN I headed up to western Pa to see an old HS buddy in Greenville Pa. Monday morning I headed south spending the night in Jefferson NC at my brother-in-law's home after 10.5 hours in the saddle and 500 miles of mostly twisties. These M3's are awesome on dry pavement but are really scary in the wet! I left Jefferson this morning and arrived in Atlanta around 2 pm. Now I know what I was missing when I was gone...Wow its hot here! Thanks to Mark and the mother to be for a super job putting it all together. Mark it was a pleasure meeting you and riding with you!

Home Again, Home Again

Glad to be here too, my butt hurts! 6031 miles. I'm not doing another ride like this until I can sort out the seating problem, tried Russell, gel pad, sheepskin, Airhawk and every combination. This morning I was squirming after about 10 miles.

Home,

Left Saturday after lunch, and basically got home last night. Three and half day slog though the non-fun riding parts of the country and great riding too!

Ride tale to follow in a week or two...(or not blush.gif)

Way too little time to meet enough people and enjoy the great area!

Sorry to anyone I didn't get to meet or spend time with!

What a great group of folks, even the east coasters wave.gif

About a 7500 mile trip!

Great spot Mark and Silva, thanks again (to all involved) for all the hard work!

Just checking in..

In Marquette MI after some interesting days starting back around Niagra Falls where I ended up plugging a flat in the rain then replugging it then riding up to Budd's BMW in Oakville, ON on a sunday. They were closed but first thing monday they got a tire ordered for tuesday and worked on my blown fork seals and hired me a car for the day to go to toronto etc. Great service there at Budd's so if you're in the Toronto area definetly stop by. Well, if you have to smile.gif but was another unexpected delay on the way to Banff.

Now I've got a dead zumo and some damn cold weather without any gerbings... Waiting a day here for a new zumo showing up tomorrow then going to figure out if i'll go to jasper/banff after all.. Flurries are falling in upper elevations around jasper as well.

So I'll either be picking up some gerbings on my way up and then hoping for decent weather or heading south, maybe towards yellowstone or even down to bryce/zion/torrey area again.

Oh and I narrowly avoided a "performance award" thanks to a friendly michigan state officer. Of course it was when I wasn't running the V1 due to just getting out of Canada. dopeslap.gif

So anyways still doing pretty well, but haven't taken many pictures recently.

Hey .. what about an apology to those you did get to meet??? lmao.gifwave.gif

You, Young Lady, should apoligize for all the traumatized folks left in your and Hoon Tang's wake.

I now understand PTSD wave.gif

Hey .. what about an apology to those you did get to meet??? lmao.gifwave.gif

You, Young Lady, should apoligize for all the traumatized folks left in your and Hoon Tang's wake.

I now understand PTSD wave.gif

Why Richard ... I am certain I have NO idea what you are talking about!! grin.gif

Not home yet--just checking in. We're in Spirit Lake, Iowa tonight and heading for the Black Hills area tomorrow. We'll probably get to northern-central Colorado by the 15th, Utah by the 16th, Mesquite, NV on the 17th and home by the 18th.

There's a short update in the Pied Piper Ride Tale!

We're having an absolute blast and seeing the back roads of the heartland! Tomorrow's another long day and I'm going to bed! grin.gif

Back home for a week now . My first night shift in 2 weeks . I have to say the roads up here that I thought were fun just aren't fun any more after riding through W.VA. Oh well it was great meeting everyone,still thinking what a great time I had . Looking forward to the next one .Although Pacific NW will probably have to be mostly done by air travel . Dave

Not home yet either. Spent the night in Solon, OH with friends. Heading for Sault Ste. Marie today. Bike running well (fingers crossed)This first half has been a bit of a struggle but looking forward to a nice 2nd half.

n

Hi Dave or as they say in Philly, YO! I see your from Montrose. I just visited your town on Thursday as I am working on my PA County Seat Tour. You live in a very nice area.

Hi Dave or as they say in Philly, YO! I see your from Montrose. I just visited your town on Thursday as I am working on my PA County Seat Tour. You live in a very nice area.

Thanks, Geeze I wish I had known .I could have joined for a little ride .Or at least bought you a coffee .Next time ? Dave

7K, cool Sagerider! Air races, wish I was there. I saw Rare Bear at Osh Kosh, oh lets see, like 1992 I think.

Air races were bittersweet this year with 3 fatalities...

Rare Bear won the Gold Unlimited race, then experienced a stuck throttle (wide open of course). Plane had to circle until it ran out of gas (about 10 minutes after the race finished) then come in deadstick (gliding characteristics of a brick!) All OK.

We're finally home!!! clap.gif

What a fantastic trip, UnRally and visits with great folks all along the route! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

We got home a day early after getting a bit barn sour and blasting the almost 800 miles from SLC to San Diego in 12.5 hours. We logged a total of 7506 miles in 26 days on the road! dopeslap.gif

I was looking forward to having a few days to get caught up with stuff before going back to work after being gone for almost four weeks, but we just got in and the phone rings and I got called in for work tomorrow! crazy.gif

The Red Bull air races are in San Diego this weekend and I was already working 24's on the 20, 22, 24 and 26 (leaving for Torrey the morning of the 27! thumbsup.gif ) and was already planning on getting a few extra OT shifts over this weekend for coverage for the races (right off the coast of Coronado), but now I might be just staying there at work for the entire week! eek.gif

Oh well, just call me Phil! lmao.gif

We're finally home!!!

I was looking forward to having a few days to get caught up with stuff before going back to work after being gone for almost four weeks, but we just got in and the phone rings and I got called in for work tomorrow!

Welcome back! (Yes, I've been monitoring your progress...) You guys must be exhausted, so I'll wait til later in the day tomorrow to call Leslie. I'm not sure Maggie is going to want to go home - it's going to be lonely for her without her best friend Hannah!

I'm so glad you're home safe. Talk to you soon -

Ken, I like that avatar also, but dont take all the blame, turtles can move you know, do you not think that the turtle target fixated on you also grin.gif

Steve

We're finally home!!! clap.gif

[snip]

Phil,

Glad you're home. It was good to see you two yesterday. I kinda figured you'd just slab it. Admit it, sometimes it's just nice to sleep in your own bed... smile.gif

See you in just over a week.

the phone rings and I got called in for work tomorrow! crazy.gif

The Red Bull air races are in San Diego this weekend and I was already working 24's on the 20, 22, 24 and 26 (leaving for Torrey the morning of the 27! thumbsup.gif ) and was already planning on getting a few extra OT shifts over this weekend for coverage for the races (right off the coast of Coronado), but now I might be just staying there at work for the entire week! eek.gif

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

But Jamie, you actually ride your bike. grin.gif

Pat

Pat

Hah! Thanks, Pat!

(Hey Phil! Neener, Neener, Neener! I got a new wingman for next year's UnRally! tongue.giflmao.gif )

Ken, I like that avatar also, but dont take all the blame, turtles can move you know, do you not think that the turtle target fixated on you also grin.gif

Steve

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Pat

Hah! Thanks, Pat!

(Hey Phil! Neener, Neener, Neener! I got a new wingman for next year's UnRally! tongue.giflmao.gif )

Richard may have something with this list thing!!!!

Let's see? Yep, that's TWO on it so far!!! tongue.gif

As soon as I figure out how to put structure turnout boots, pants, jacket, helmet, and gloves along with the same for wildland, along with uniforms, food, and toiletry gear on my bike as I play suitcase guy from station to station I will at least get to ride to/from work!

Where's that Rodney Dangerfield picture? crazy.gif

As soon as I figure out how to put structure turnout boots, pants, jacket, helmet, and gloves along with the same for wildland, along with uniforms, food, and toiletry gear on my bike as I play suitcase guy from station to station I will at least get to ride to/from work!

Poor Phil...

You'd think he was the only one with a little cargo to load.....

926661-38075188_overLoad.jpg

926661-38075188_overLoad.jpg.ef40e76cd099c95130b264b6f0b1c18a.jpg

Poor Phil...

And if you try that on a smaller bike it looks like this!

Thomos1.jpg

thomos2.jpg

Yeah, thats a Thomos moped under all that stuff!

I really like his Custom Seat! And spare wheel!

Jamie and Leslie,

Glad you arrived safe and sound at home! Must have been an awsome trip!

It was great to meet everyone, It was my first BMWST event and I had a great time!

Andy.

Poor Phil...

926661-38075188_overLoad.jpg

Thanks, Mike! Now I don't feel so bad! lmao.gif

75760935-L.jpg

Oh, and I have traveled between stations with all my gear on the bike before--you've just got to be creative. tongue.gif

Oh, and I have traveled between stations with all my gear on the bike before--you've just got to be creative. tongue.gif

And we've talked about your gear before!!! They don't give you any. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

HOME safe and sound!!!!!

Another GREAT time was had!!!!! I enjoyed meeting riders for the first time and seeing friends. I hope to attend again in the future...but I need to find a shorter route grin.gif....about 27,000 miles to get there wink.gif, there has to be a shorter route!

HOME safe and sound!!!!!

Another GREAT time was had!!!!! I enjoyed meeting riders for the first time and seeing friends. I hope to attend again in the future...but I need to find a shorter route grin.gif....about 27,000 miles to get there wink.gif, there has to be a shorter route!

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Sounds like the right route to me...

Incredible adventure Jacqueline, i,m glad I got to say hello to you at the UN. Like others have said, get to work on that book, i'll be first in line to buy it. thumbsup.gif

Pat

HOME safe and sound!!!!!

Did you find a spot for that Geocache yet grin.gif?

HOME safe and sound!!!!!

Are you sure? Do you recognize the place? Does anybody in the area recognize you?

Maybe it's just the old guy down the street: "Hmm, Jacqueline... Let me think. Y'know, I think we used to have a woman named Jacqueline in the neighborhood. She liked to ride her motorcycle, and one day she just rode off and never came back. But that was years and years ago. I'm probably the only one in the neighborhood old enough to remember her. Come to think of it, you do look a little bit like her. But she'd be much older now, having been gone for so long.

Well I'm finally back as of yesterday... Was a great trip, Great seeing all the board people again and really glad I cut north up to Jasper/Banff even though it was a lot of 6c - 8c high, -2c - 0c low's up there in Canada. Also glad I picked up some Gerbing's at a HD dealer in St. Cloud. smile.gif

I will be posting some select photos and a trip log plus the rest of my Canada photos in the next week or so, I'm now totally swamped at work.

Welcome home you stragglers!! clap.gif

I guess we can unsticky this thread now. We'll leave this Forum up for a little bit for any other UnRally-VI Ride Tales that folks want to be included in this Forum when it gets archived shortly.

. . . but pretty soon we'll be opening up a NEW Forum for the NEXT UnRally-VII!! clap.gif

Archived