IGNORED

CHECK IN THREAD for UnRally-VI in Fayetteville, WV September 4-6, 2007!!

KMG_365

The Pied Piper will be heading back east on the 11th taking a general northern route and we have to be home by September 18th. We don't have a hard and fast route or schedule (imagine that! dopeslap.gif ), but if any of you on a loose line between Shanksville, PA and San Diego, CA will be around for that week drop me a line and perhaps we'll see some of you on the flip side! clap.gif

(cell: (six, one, 9) Nine, 3, 3--5, eight, three, 2)

About 25 of us lay-abouts are getting together tonight for dinner at Smokey's on the Gorge at 6:00, but I know most folks left today and will be home shortly if they're not already.

Be sure to post your check in's here so we can relax about what happened to you and know that you got home safely. Also, be sure to post at least a small Ride Tale about your adventures so we can enjoy it with you!! clap.gif

We're having SUCH a fantastic time--it'll take me months to write it all up! crazy.gif

The Pied Piper will be heading back east on the 11th taking a general northern route and we have to be home by September 18th.

Of course, you meant to say that you'll be heading WEST... unless you're taking the REALLY long way home!

I'm so glad you guys are having such a great time. It's been fun keeping track of your travels. Maggie misses you - kind of; she & Hannah have become inseparable, and they wrestle & play like they're both a year old! Love to you both, and have a safe trip home...

John Ranalletta
The Pied Piper will be heading back east on the 11th taking a general northern route and we have to be home by September 18th. We don't have a hard and fast route or schedule (imagine that! dopeslap.gif ), but if any of you on a loose line between Shanksville, PA and San Diego, CA will be around for that week drop me a line and perhaps we'll see some of you on the flip side! clap.gif

(cell: (six, one, 9) Nine, 3, 3--5, eight, three, 2)

About 25 of us lay-abouts are getting together tonight for dinner at Smokey's on the Gorge at 6:00, but I know most folks left today and will be home shortly if they're not already.

Be sure to post your check in's here so we can relax about what happened to you and know that you got home safely. Also, be sure to post at least a small Ride Tale about your adventures so we can enjoy it with you!! clap.gif

We're having SUCH a fantastic time--it'll take me months to write it all up! crazy.gif

If "northerly" includes the Indy area, ring us up. I'm in the book.

Home sweet home. clap.gif

Little rain on the way. Pounding down now here with lightning and possible tornadoes in places.

Great time was had by me.

Good to meet some faces to go with the names.

Thanks to everyone who made this happen.

PS Nancy says "Hi" to the pipers.

Home again, It only took me 300 miles to get back home. Hats off to those that pounded the 1000+ miles to get there and thanks to those that made it all happen. thumbsup.gif

It's great to be able to put faces and smiles to the names on this board.

Hope everyone has a safe trip back home!!!

Back Home, not much of a trip, it's not often that a rally is this close to me! Anyway, really enjoyed meeting everyone and had a great time! Thanks to all!

Steve

This nearest (60 miles between Fayetteville and home) attendee made it home at 12:30 p.m. Thursday...after a short stop to see the oral surgeon in Beckley for a scheduled maintenance check!

Judy and I made it home by 6 PM. Uneventful ride in van pulling trailer. Great event. Good seeing everyone. Thanks again to all who made it happen.

Back in safely, yesterday.

Thanks to Mark and Sylva for all their efforts and to the others who assisted clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

It was great to see familiar faces and meet new ones. thumbsup.gif

Home again..After the long route. Started out via the interstate and then decided tooooo boring...hit the backroads. Pit stop at Morton's in Fredericksburg. Now home in Beaverdam, Va. Thanks to everyone who organized the UN. As it was my first nothing to compare to...but I was IMPRESSED!!!! Great job guys. Glad to meet everybody and can't wait to see you on the road.

Ready for the Pied Piper '08. Whoever is in charge of planning I'm willin' to help. (I haven't done it before but I'd even be willing to plan it so long as I can get some support)Just PM me.

Thanks again everyone....hope everyone arrives safely!!

Got home yesterday at 4:30 pm. Spent most of my time today trying to get these photos up. Thanks to Killer and a lot of trial and error, I succeded! grin.gif

DSC_5603.jpg

I left at 6 am and got home on 2 tanks of gas, 635 miles, all on the interstates. I surprised myself at spending more than 5 hours non-stop riding on my stock saddle with an Alaska sheepskin pad. It hurt but I managed it.

I had a great time and it was great meeting so many of you. If you check the photos (the photo is a link), you can help me identify those I got wrong or could not remember. Hope to see many of you again soon.

Roy clap.gifclap.gif

Some great shots, thanks!

Some help I can offer:

"Big T and friends" is Christine Davis on the left and I believe that is Shannon on the right (never met Shannon, but from pix I've seen, and knowing that she and Christine are buds, I'm deducing!) thumbsup.gif

And "Don B" is actually Ron B, or "Raaaaan" as we affectionately call him! smile.gif

Lets_Play_Two

Not home yet...Penelope and I decided to stop for the night at St. Augustine Beach rather than push the last 240 miles. Gonna get in the hot tub now after a walk on the beach. Had a great time and thanks to everyone who had anything to do with the Un. I'll let Penelope say her own piece since she told me not to use her handle dopeslap.gif

Jean and I are stopped in Chattanooga, TN after a 12 hour run. Took the scenic route south out of WV, "Blue Ridge Parkway", almost all the way to Ashville, NC. before heading for the slab. Very pretty and COOL (like 72 degrees). Saw one large doe.

Plan to make the rest of the trip tomorrow early.

Thanks to all who worked and gave so much to make the Un-Rally VI happen. I rode with some very experienced and thoughtful bikers. thumbsup.gif

I'm safely back in MD. Thanks to all for organizing such a great event. Thanks to the Va State LEO for only giving me a warning...

Dad is also safely back in GA. He was very happy that he managed to squeeze in a run down Deals Gap on the way home.

Both of us had great rides and enjoyed talking to both familiar and new folks!

Chris

Home Fri 3PM. Took a little trip back through Ky ansd found a great road from WV all the way back ./ Ky 32. check it out some time. thumbsup.gif

Great time and good seeing all the friends, old and new smile.gif

Jamie, "We'll leave the light on" grin.gif

Made it in about 8:30 p. m. Went via Appomattox Court House and the Booker T. Washington Memorial to get the stamps, totaling 522 miles. The route from Fayetteville to Appomattox was as good as Unroute 262. Running the twisties with a full load on the bike let me know how well it handles.

This was my first rally; and I had a wonderful time. Thanks to all who invested so much time and energy in getting it together.

Home sweet home. Twelve hours and 594 miles of back roads to big apple. Had a great time, made new friends and learned that camping is NOT for this city boy.

I'm Home!

Decided to take the slab, well that was the plan but I got board after an hour and took to the back roads!

605 miles in 12 hours.

Thanks Mark and Sylva for the great UNorganized event!

thumbsup.gif

I finally got to meet a lot of great people from the board and now have some faces to go with the names!

Andy.

Got in this evening about 7:00 cst. Ooops, I see that it's after midnight, so make that last evening.

All the UnRallys have been special, and this one measured up to the others in myriad ways. The carefully chosen venue was first rate, and the roads and scenery were spectacular. Many kudos and thanks to Mark, Sylva, Todd, Ken and all who worked so hard to make this event happen.

It goes without saying that seeing old friends is tonic for the soul. This year, I also had the pleasure of seeing some folks whom I haven't seen for 4 or 5 years. Robert First Shirt and Sun-Joo, Tim Beemr69 Cropley and Phil Fasterpill Mares, I'm glad that you all were able to make it this year.

It was also a treat to see so many new faces. I hope you all had a great time, and hope to see you all at future events.

(I'm sure that jolly Englishman had fun! Steve, I glad you made it to your first UN!)

'08 in the PNW!!!

Bobbybob & I rode to Seneca Rocks and spent the night in Lewisburg. On Friday, we rode "the twisties" on 16. There was very little traffic. To avoid rushhour traffic in Charlotte, we stopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway to take a break. Didn't get on the slab until we were on the outskirts of Charlotte.

Thanks to everyone for making this great event happen. It was so much fun to meet people from all over the country and England.

CQ

Safe, sound, and no special awards this trip. Arrived at 4-ish.

I echo what Raaan B said. Especially the PNW thing. Working on a fam trip to Redmond, Oregon while Seth and I slip away on a borrowed bike to wherever the UN will be...

Had to drive the car yesterday. Felt wrong. I miss everyone.

Cathy and I got in late last night after taking a few detours on the way back to NY. Thanks Mark and Sylva for putting everything together. Cathy was a little tentative about going to an event as a pillion with so many “internet riders”, but after meeting so many "really nice people" who made her feel very comfortable she is already talking about wanting to go to more BMWST events. thumbsup.gif

Really GREAT meeting everyone! Pics to come.

Arrived home very late last night (ride tales developing along the way grin.gif) with riding partner, Shannon. Shannon made her way back home today. It all ended too soon but now I can work on the tale smirk.gif!

Howdy All! Made it to Nashville today about 12:30 p.m.

Thanks to all those who volunteered (or got volunteered) to chaperone Hoontang and me ... I'm certain everyone was better off for it! smirk.gif

As for me, I'll be curious to see what it takes to wipe the "perma-grin" off my face! grin.gif

In!! thumbsup.gif

Straight run back (all slab"); uneventful except for a heavy rain squall that lasted all of 30 minutes!

Took longer to put on / take off the rain gear then the rain lasted!!

Hade a ball!! clap.gif Again... smile.gif

Mike & Joyce

We are in at 3:36pm Saturday. Ran slab from Chattanooga, took 8 - 1/2 hours. Two rain showers, didn't even stop to put rain gear on, nice cool shower felt great after the 96 temps.

GT rocks, never stayed near any traffic, just buzzed up to the next group, man this thing is fun!!! 10 over with some spirited spurts, okay, lots of spurts!

P.S. The front tire is severely cupped, back is square - 6100 miles. Running 38 and 42 psi.

Back home after spending an extra night camping on the Blue Ridge Parkway. One word summary -- HOT

Enjoyed meeting everyone.

Inquiring minds want to know - did you remember your left from your right on the ride home from the airport? After spending almost a week in the states, I was a bit concerned about your 'riding on the correct side'!!

Especially after I had to lead you home after a few 'beverages' on Wednesday night eek.gif .... pretty sure you couldn't remember which way to look when you were crossing the highway! dopeslap.gif

Great time meeting you - looking forward to it again soon

Jim

Gar and I made it to Troy,PA but only on one bike. My rear main seal decided to give way around Lock Haven, PA. Had it towed to Mechanicsburg (closest dealer) hopefully will be able to pick it up Tues. or Weds. Not to impressed with professionalism so far with this dealer but hopefully it will work out. Will be on our way around the end of this week. Have to be home by end of the month so no worries yet.

n

Rolled back into Columbus around 3PM.

Great ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday, very light traffic and no Rangers!

Nice trip for us, 2000 miles since Sunday but its back to work on Monday frown.gif

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

home at 6:30 and it's Sylva posting from dinner. We stuck together the whole way and stayed in Akron PA last night. Steak for dinner! clap.gif

What a great time. So awesome.

Sylva

Gar and I made it to Troy,PA but only on one bike. My rear main seal decided to give way around Lock Haven, PA. Had it towed to Mechanicsburg (closest dealer) hopefully will be able to pick it up Tues. or Weds. Not to impressed with professionalism so far with this dealer but hopefully it will work out. Will be on our way around the end of this week. Have to be home by end of the month so no worries yet.

n

Best of luck with the dealer......those jerks will never get one penny of my business again. Last year it took them 4 weeks (and constant reminder phone calls) to get me parts that they promised me in less than a week. I missed a whole month of riding because of their incompetence. Its a shame you couldn't get it to Trans-Am in Lititz, or Hermy's in Port Clinton.

Either way, I'm only down in York, PA (about 30-45 min from Mechanicsburg). If you need a hand or help with anything.....give me a ring (I'll PM you my cell #). I've got plenty of room to work and all the tools you could need to do just about anything.

Back safely to cooler climes. Was able to ride old favorite routes 39, 250 and 33 on a not too direct ride home.

A few Thank You's are in order:

Mark and Sylvia for all of their unefforts.

Fasterpill, Armando, and Woodie for good company on the way down.

Two Daves (Cantin and Sawyer) for the usual excellent daytripping.

Everyone else for being there.

Made it home yesterday afternoon but posted in the other thread, the "Made it home thread".

Had a wonderful time, great roads, fantastic people, and I'm hoping the Pied Piper tour will happen again next year because it looked like a blast too!

Thanks to all!

Mike

Home at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday after a grand total of 2,211 fun-filled miles for the week. My first Un and long-haul ride ever was tremendous. Thanks to all who pulled it together and to Tewks for leading the Northeast Express. thumbsup.gif Great to meet and to talk with so many with similar interests. I'll be back!

Made it home Sat afternoon after breaking the ride into two days. A welcome shower in Miss. helped cool things off, otherwise it was a hot ride both days. Thanks to all the organizers - this was a great un!!

Dave

Archived