IGNORED

Moto Coffee So Cal Tuesdays

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

See you there. We'll all be affable.... grin.gif but not as affable as Dave!

Steve in So Cal

PS-Tony, take a few minutes and fill out your bio-at least as much as you can let us know! lmao.gif

• 1 month later...

Steve,

need to cancell the arizona trip, schedule has changed on her side. anyways, we can ride this weekend, if you are up to it.

the weather channel shows a weekend sun-shine all around, a bit chilly but, do able

wave.gif

• 3 weeks later...
AdventurePoser
Are you looking forward to renewing old friendships among our BMW community, or perhaps meeting new riding partners? If so, you should attend” Moto Coffee” in the lovely city of San Dimas CA on the second Tuesday of each month!

The “Coffee Klatch” located in the Target Center one block west of the 210 FWY/Arrow highway intersection affords us a great place to have a snack, socialize, and tell some moto-lies. Trite but true, we are conveniently located to much of So Cal, and parking is very motorcycling friendly!

Let’s kick off by meeting next Tuesday, September 11 at 7:00 p.m. at the “Klatch.”

We all look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Happy New Year....

Cheerfully bringing this thread to the top....Moto Coffee is Tuesday, January 8 this month!

Last month we sissies sat inside, basically taking over "The Koffee Klatch."

Hope to see as many of you as possible tomorrow evening!

Steve

AdventurePoser

See you there. If it gets any chillier than it is right now, we may commandeer the interior of the coffee place!

Cheers,

Steve

See you there. If it gets any chillier than it is right now, we may commandeer the interior of the coffee place!

Cheers,

Steve

Start reserving the tables! The temperature is going to drop 8-10 degrees by the time the first cup is poured. It's going to get all the way down into....the FORTIES! Holy Cow! We're Southern Californians. How are we going to cope in such extreme weather conditions? There's going to be many a tale how each of us managed to survive such conditions.

Glendora isn't far enough for me to get my oil warm, but, what the heck, the camaraderie is good so I'll be there.

I'm not sure my RT will let me pull off the road. I could end up in Bakersfield.

Sigh...

AdventurePoser
I'm not sure my RT will let me pull off the road. I could end up in Bakersfield.

Sigh...

Yep, I am a sissy....Wasn't always one, but am developing a full on case of them now!

Nevertheless, I am still up for a long ride nearly anywhere so long as the Gerbings does it's job!

Steve

Sigh...

Yep, I am a sissy....Wasn't always one, but am developing a full on case of them now!

Nevertheless, I am still up for a long ride nearly anywhere so long as the Gerbings does it's job!

Steve

When Deadboy and I rode to Half Moon Bay a couple of weeks ago (Far West Tavern adventure), it was pretty blustery. The people on the beach and on the lookouts along PCH were getting windblown pretty good. The temps were cool (cold to me and everyone else around me). I just kept thinking "Man, am I glad I'm on my bike with my Gerbings plugged in". I was more comfortable than they were, but I bet they didn't think so.

Soooo...I take it you got your bike started. Either that, or the Coffee Klatch is close enough to push and pose. It was pretty "convenient" for you to have starting problems on the weekend when you could have joined us on the coast. Let the excuses flow....

grin.gif

AdventurePoser
It was pretty "convenient" for you to have starting problems on the weekend when you could have joined us on the coast. Let the excuses flow....

grin.gif

Hey, if I was shooting for convenient, I woulda stayed in bed and apologized later! lmao.giflmao.gif

Glad you came for coffee, Bill!

Paul and Bob, great seeing you as well. Hopefully next time will be DVD.

Cheers,

Steve

Yeah, if you guys would stay up until 3rd shift is over I could meet you at midnight, maybe wash tables and sweep the floor as they close up the place.

Or I could call in DEAD at work, something I do very rarely. Now if it were on a MOnday...my day off... I could meet your smiley faces. wave.gif

Man, I wanna be retired.

The stupid meeting I had to go to didn't break up 'till late. Put a budget on the agenda and people want their share. Stupid committttteeeee meetings. Missed you guys. See you next time.

The stupid meeting I had to go to didn't break up 'till late. Put a budget on the agenda and people want their share. Stupid committttteeeee meetings. Missed you guys. See you next time.

You people take your jobs waaaay too seriously.

You're not going to be able to ride forever...

Steve, wave.gif

Thank you for stopping by at the accident up on Glendora Ridge Road today.

It was quite nice to have a friend stop while we were stranded out the the wilderness there. No Cell phone service AT ALL.

Our friend got nailed (side swipped) by a beemer going west while we were going east.

I was (silently) present while the culprit gave his statement to the CHP Officer.

He freely admited that while in a left hand curve, he drifted left accross the center of the road as he was looking to his right at the scenery. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

My friend was airlifted out to USC Medical Center.

Broken ankle, broken heel (the beemer's cylinder caught his left leg and pulled it back and up into his bikes passenger foot peg mount. (he was riding solo) There was about a silver dollar sized piece of his heel stuck on the peg's mount. It had actually been gouged out from inside his leather motorcycle boot eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Accident was at 11:15

Doctor's operated on him at 4:30 due to internal bleeding.

His riding partner (on her little 250 Kawasaki and I were about two turns behind when the collision took place)

Thanks again, it was so nice to have a friend stop by when there was so much turmoil.

And our sincere compliments and blessings to the emergency personel who were prompt, efficient, and effective.

AdventurePoser

Wish I could have done more you guys...How is your friend? This is a good riding reminder. Without posting names you should post this in ride safe.

Sometimes our biggest enemies aren't the cagers.... blush.gif

Keep my posted on your friends progress.

Steve

Bob,

I hope your friend is OK right now. I will keep all of you on my prayers. I hate that you had to experience this and Steve God bless you for being a Pal.

DaveTheAffable
Steve, wave.gif

Thank you for stopping by at the accident up on Glendora Ridge Road today.

It was quite nice to have a friend stop while we were stranded out the the wilderness there.

<snip>

And our sincere compliments and blessings to the emergency personel who were prompt, efficient, and effective.

I'm so glad you and Dianne are ok, and am praying for your friends recovery. Praying for his riding partner too... it's gotta be tough to see someone you love get nailed. Keep us informed.

As for Steve..? thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Are you looking forward to renewing old friendships among our BMW community, or perhaps meeting new riding partners? If so, you should attend” Moto Coffee” in the lovely city of San Dimas CA on the second Tuesday of each month!

The “Coffee Klatch” located in the Target Center one block west of the 210 FWY/Arrow highway intersection affords us a great place to have a snack, socialize, and tell some moto-lies. Trite but true, we are conveniently located to much of So Cal, and parking is very motorcycling friendly!

Let’s kick off by meeting next Tuesday, September 11 at 7:00 p.m. at the “Klatch.”

We all look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

is this still on for Feb? if so, looking forward to see you guys this month wave.gif, missed out last month~ crazy.gif

AdventurePoser

Roy,

Thanks for steering Tony in the right direction...

See you Tuesday eve. We'll probably be there at 6:30 for some dinner....

Cheers,

Steve

AdventurePoser

thanks Roy thumbsup.gif, just in time for tonight~

has anyone post the gathering picture yet? tongue.gif

Not yet!lmao.gif

Steve

Archived