IGNORED

Moto Coffee So Cal Tuesdays

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

Are you looking forward to renewing old friendships among our BMW community, or perhaps meeting new riding partners? If so, you should attend” Moto Coffee” in the lovely city of San Dimas CA on the second Tuesday of each month!

The “Coffee Klatch” located in the Target Center one block west of the 210 FWY/Arrow highway intersection affords us a great place to have a snack, socialize, and tell some moto-lies. Trite but true, we are conveniently located to much of So Cal, and parking is very motorcycling friendly!

Let’s kick off by meeting next Tuesday, September 11 at 7:00 p.m. at the “Klatch.”

We all look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Hey, Steve!

I can't see where Arrow Highway and 210 interesect? What am I missing?

S.

If SR210 and SR30 have been incorporated into I210, then try SR57 and Arrow.

AdventurePoser
Hey, Steve!

I can't see where Arrow Highway and 210 interesect? What am I missing?

S.

If SR210 and SR30 have been incorporated into I210, then try SR57 and Arrow.

Yep, call it CA 57 and Arrow Highway in San Dimas.

Cheers,

Steve

Y'all have fun, Gotta work nights for another year or two until I retire. Then I'll cone sit quietly and listen to your wundeful tales of daring do and other BS!

Then we can go up to the top of GMR and coast down, engine off, in the dark for pinks. lmao.gif

DaveTheAffable

Whoo Hoo! More than 24 hours notice! (I'd better show up, or you all won't be affable with me!)

I am speaking to the scheduling god now. I think I can swap Tuesday for Wednesday.

Count me almost sort of kind of almost in.

dopeslap.gif

AdventurePoser
Do I need to show up with a bike? My uncle lives on E. Gladstone just west of Damien Ave. and I am down from time to time on business.

For the last one I showed up in an '89 Honda Accord....not to worry...

Cheers,

Steve

Do I need to show up with a bike? My uncle lives on E. Gladstone just west of Damien Ave. and I am down from time to time on business.

Looking forward to meeting you.

AdventurePoser
Whoo Hoo! More than 24 hours notice! (I'd better show up, or you all won't be affable with me!)

I am speaking to the scheduling god now. I think I can swap Tuesday for Wednesday.

Count me almost sort of kind of almost in.

dopeslap.gif

we need someone affable in attendance!

s

AdventurePoser
Had a great time at the last one, count me "IN". thumbsup.gif

It is fun to get together! I'm shamelessly bumping this thread to the top to remind everybody who lives within riding distance to come join us on Tuesday evening at the Coffee Klatch in San Dimas for "MotoCoffee."

We look forward to seeing everyone!

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

AdventurePoser

Don’t forget, Moto Coffee tonight at the Coffee Klatch in San Dimas. It’s gonna be a nice So Cal late summer nite, so come and join us for fun, camaderie, and lying about All Things Motorycle…

We hope to see you around 7p.m. at “The Klatch!”

Steve in So Cal

DaveTheAffable
Don’t forget, Moto Coffee tonight at the Coffee Klatch in San Dimas. It’s gonna be a nice So Cal late summer nite, so come and join us for fun, camaderie, and lying about All Things Motorycle…

We hope to see you around 7p.m. at “The Klatch!”

Steve in So Cal

And indeed it was a nice summer evening...

I, Dave The Affable, rode the Blue Beast north on the 57 fwy at light speed from the hinterland of La Habra (aka -you can't get there from here), musing with anticipation the meeting new friends.

I arrived in San Dimas a few minutes after 7 pm... to see a sea of BMW's parked in front of the Coffee Klatch. (OK, maybe a puddle. But there was at least 7.) The libations (iced coffee and tea) and lies (mostly Steve's) flowed like caramel sliding down a butterscotch sundae.

Bonkerama showed up on his new F800. Way cool. I learned about Torrey. I asked questions about replacing my heated grips. I was told that my final drive would probably cause an explosion that would be mis-interpreted as a nuclear bomb and start WWIII one day soon, but to ignore it and ride the $*^# out of it. I found out that camaraderie has nothing to do with Russian Comrades. I made some friends. I tried to be affable.

If you weren't there, there's always next month. wave.gif

If you weren't there, there's always next month. wave.gif

It was a nice evening indeed. A great night for a ride. In fact, as I approached my exit near my home, I was thinking that I may have regretted telling my wife I would be home in less than an hour as I fantasized how nice an evening ride to Yuma and back would be.

Yes, I took the appropriate exit.

Sigh...

Dave - Sorry 'bout cutting you off near the 60/57 interchange. I was getting claustrophobic being boxed in on the right hand lane and needed some "elbow room". wave.gif

DaveTheAffable
It was a nice evening indeed. A great night for a ride. In fact, as I approached my exit near my home, I was thinking that I may have regretted telling my wife I would be home in less than an hour as I fantasized how nice an evening ride to Yuma and back would be.

Yes, I took the appropriate exit.

Sigh...

Dave - Sorry 'bout cutting you off near the 60/57 interchange. I was getting claustrophobic being boxed in on the right hand lane and needed some "elbow room". wave.gif

It was great to meet you guys.

Bill, That wasn't a 'cut-off'. You saw me, I saw you. I knew where you was goin', and I was a little pokey. thumbsup.gif

Hey Fellas, it was nice to meet you all - sorry i had to run off as soon as I did. I was just starting to relax and enoy the evening.

I didnt make it all the way around the table to shake hands, but it was a pleasure none the less to see everyone and put faces with avatars.

fun.

- paul

Sorry I missed it. Since I've been hanging out in Banned Camp, I haven't bothered to log in as much and missed the announcement til it was toooooo late. Next time.

AdventurePoser
Sorry I missed it. Since I've been hanging out in Banned Camp, I haven't bothered to log in as much and missed the announcement til it was toooooo late. Next time.

Well now you know! Second Tuesday of every month gets you fun, camaderie and BMW lies. What a deal!

Steve in So Cal

• 3 weeks later...

is this thing on for this coming tuesday...

we are working in walnut at the 57 and the 60 until 6:30pm... we were thinking about un-motoing up there to get all hopped up on espresso and meet some new riders...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

John,

I was planning on being there. It's always good to meet more people from the board. I will keep checking this tread, I'm sure some more of the guys/gals will be there.

AdventurePoser

You bet we are on the second Tuesday of every month, I hope!

See you all Tuesday nite at the Koffee Klatch in San Dimas...

Steve

DaveTheAffable

Since Dave The Affable last met with the cadre of comrades at the Koffee Klatch he did a catastrophic oops.

DTA went to Harbor Freight and bought the infamous "Watch me do this myself in my own garage" tire changing device.

But wait there's more! Included in this offer was an unseen collection of words that came out of Dave's mouth the first time he tried to USE that wonderful device. (YMMV).

Alas, the scheduling guru must have heard those words wafting their way across the San Gabriel Valley, because when DTA got to work the next day, he found himself scheduled to work Tuesday night Oct 9th from 2 - 10 pm.

.... frown.gif (sigh)

Looks like I won't make it this time guys... more to follow on tire changing.

Dianne & I went to the Moto Coffee last night, and we were very pleased. There is a wonderful group of riders that regularly participate, and we are planning on making this a regular item on our calendar also.

Give it a try next month,

We're sure you'll like it also.

Wouldn't you know it ... I WORK Tuesday nights, but I think I need to stop by to grab a coffee & say 'hello' just the same. Leave it to Steve to come up with a great idea like joining riders & their vices ... it's a beautiful thing.

I've been away far too long. dopeslap.gif

Jerry

DaveTheAffable
Dianne & I went to the Moto Coffee last night, and we were very pleased. There is a wonderful group of riders that regularly participate, and we are planning on making this a regular item on our calendar also.

Give it a try next month,

We're sure you'll like it also.

At the last minute, I was able to attend. Great fun. I did have one exchange that was refreshingly odd...

"Hi, I'm Dave The Affable," I said. A wonderful couple smiled, extended warm hands and said, "We're Bob and Diane."

"Great, who are you on the board?", I asked. "Bob and Diane", was the reply. "Of course you are," said I, "but what is your name on the forum?" Again, "Bob and Diane."

(repeat 2 or 3 times) I finally got it... dopeslap.gif

...and two new friends.

Nice to see everyone last night and hear the road stories, lies and "how to" fixes. It was a pleasant evening with no structure, no election of officers, no reading of minutes and no rules. It's a nice low key change of pace. I continue to look forward to showing up and saying HI. See you next month on the second Tuesday. smile.gifthumbsup.gifsmile.gifthumbsup.gif

Showed up late (didn't get out of the dealership until 7:30). Good company. Modest lies (some need to practice telling whoppers a bit more), and decent 99-cent fish tacos. Everyone sat at some tables outside and enjoyed a brisk evening. Don't know if I can make it to every one (we close at 7P on Tues and I usually don't get out of the shop until 8:30), but I had a good time and I'll do it again as time permits.

AdventurePoser
we made it... my wench and i... we had a good evening meeting new narcissistic pathological tall telling riders...

owrstrich

Hey, you been talkin' to my neighbors???

Great fun and a wonderful group of guys and ladies showed up. This event is a keeper...

Dawg, cruise on by...way too long....

Steve

AdventurePoser

Don't forget, the next Moto Coffee night is Tuesday, November 13! Hope you and everyone else can make that one!

Steve in So Cal

• 3 weeks later...

Archived