IGNORED

If It Weren't for Bad Luck . . .

1st Shirt

It's been one of those days. Nothing seems to be going right and now I feel like I'm coming down with some kind of bug. Lucky Me! On the way home the RT started binding when I downshift. Upshift is fine, downshift is bad. It's done this once or twice before, but not like this. I would try to downshift, have to hold and release the clutch several times and finally it would go down. And then the shifter would not come back up so that I could downshift into the next gear. I had to pull up with the toe of my boot. I've read the other post and know that this is not good.

I've really been looking forward to riding up there, but I don't want to take a chance and have the thing break down on me while I'm there. Sooooo, it looks like Sunjoo and I will be caging it unless some sort of Voodoo works some magic.

If I can't ride I'm not going to let it bother me. I've been waiting for several years to take a vacation and I'm taking one.

See you there - FirstShirt.

It's been one of those days. Nothing seems to be going right and now I feel like I'm coming down with some kind of bug. Lucky Me! On the way home the RT started binding when I downshift. Upshift is fine, downshift is bad. It's done this once or twice before, but not like this. I would try to downshift, have to hold and release the clutch several times and finally it would go down. And then the shifter would not come back up so that I could downshift into the next gear. I had to pull up with the toe of my boot. I've read the other post and know that this is not good.

I've really been looking forward to riding up there, but I don't want to take a chance and have the thing break down on me while I'm there. Sooooo, it looks like Sunjoo and I will be caging it unless some sort of Voodoo works some magic.

If I can't ride I'm not going to let it bother me. I've been waiting for several years to take a vacation and I'm taking one.

See you there - FirstShirt.

Check the linkage first, this sounds like it could be just a sloppy pinch-bolt.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would just post a follow-up note to this post.

Something hit my system really hard that Thursday before the UnRally and I could barely get off the couch until Sunday. Soooo, the bike sat in the garage and stayed there through the Un. Sunjoo and I went (sans bike) but still had a great time. We got to see lots of folks we hadn't seen in a really long time and meet lots of new ones. (A great thing about checking everyone is that you get to meet, well, everyone!) Sunjoo and I bot really enjoyed that. She even commented to me "This is great, I get to meet everyone." Of course, with my bad memory I don't remember anyone. (just kidding, how can anyone ever forget BeneciaRT - he's such a sexy guy. At least he thinks he is; for the rest of us, well, there is reality). We had a great time rafting, eating, drinking wine and foofoo drinks (as Sylva calls them), swimming, eating more, drinking more, talking to everyone, eating some more, drinking some more, talking some more, and driving (yes driving) the roads of WV. The site was beautiful and the weather was wonderful. For all you folks who kept saying it was hot and humid, well, as the old game goes "You Don't Know Jack." You should have been back east a few weeks earlier . . . Then you would have felt some heat and humidity.

We had a great time. It really makes me feel bad about all the rides I've missed, the UnRallys I've missed, the Torrey's, Death Valley, Texas Hill Country, El Paseo, and more. If I ever win big in the lotto I promise to make more rides. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Even though I didn't have the bike, I still had the wonderful friendships that make this one of the best online communities there is. This site has sold for $1.00 and $2.00, but the truth is it is priceless. We've been very lucky to have had two Kings and now a Queen who really understand where the priorities should be. I always know there is one place on the internet that has only one thing - people who care about riding and each other. Everywhere else I go on the internet either wants my money or to bash my interest. But not here. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Oh, the bike. Jamie and Leslie came over and spent the weekend and my bike was painfully calling to Jamie "Come fix me." So, Friday afternoon we went out and pulled the tupperware, kick panel and starter. Then Jamie did his infamous "Spinal Tap" and now the bike is running fine. Of course immediately following the greasing of the splines, we had to eat more food and drink wine. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Sunjoo and I thank all of you and can't wait to see you again. Here's wishing for a 50" Plasma TV (and Sunjoo says a bike of her own). (inside joke, ask me the next time you see me).

yay! I wondered if it needed a spline lube! hurrah for jamie and his spinal tap smile.gif

thanks for your and Sunjoo's help all week! it was so wonderful to see you both again and...watch you drink all those girlie drinks haha.

safe riding - it's Fall Weather here now.

Archived