IGNORED

Feeling a bit young ......?

bowcop

Just got back from Yellowstone in the cage....saw LOTS of Bmw's! The average age seemed to be in the mid 50's of the riders....I am 38. I did not see anyone my age on one....except for 1 guy on a GS...What is the deal? Am I really young for the Beemer crowd?

Just got back from Yellowstone in the cage....saw LOTS of Bmw's! The average age seemed to be in the mid 50's of the riders....I am 38. I did not see anyone my age on one....except for 1 guy on a GS...What is the deal? Am I really young for the Beemer crowd?

Yes you are, you young whipper snapper!

Yes, you are definately too young. Please sell the bike and do not think about it again until you start needing regular prostate exams!

Don't lose too much sleep thinking about it. I'm only 30. There are lots of us with old souls scattered around the country. Am I now required to have an elective prostate exam? Ouch. blush.gif

Yes, you are definately too young. Please sell the bike and do not think about it again until you start needing regular prostate exams!

I couldn't afford a BMW when I was 38.

As to the above quote, this could explain why butts burn. We should copy this over to that other post!! lmao.giflmao.gif

Francois_Dumas

.....which, to my knowledge, are BMW stock seat induced..... lmao.giflmao.gif

Nope, I got m 1st BMW at 28. You have become enlightened at an early age. Consider yourself elitest and ahead of everyone else. Sort of like the SS but without all the bad stuff.

Sorry you had to see Yellowstone in a car! bncry.gif

Lone_RT_rider
You're a geezer as far as I'm concerned.

grin.gif

Yeah, but then again.... so is Paris Hilton. grin.gif

That chest hair grow all the way in yet? I know you have been waitin on that... lmao.gif

Shawn

Joe Frickin' Friday

I was young for the Beemer crowd, but that was years ago. I was 28 when I bought my RT; now I'm 37. at 38, you're toward the young end of the spectrum, but I would not say you're "really" young for the Beemer crowd.

I don't know. Hearing that there are a number of grizzlies around because of the drought, I think you'd have to have a BMW to escape possible close encounters. A cage might be a good idea in the Park this year.

Bruce

MrHondamatic

I was a still wet behind the ears 32 when I bought my BMW. Of course I went with a K75 and not one of those boxers. Everyone knows boxers are for old guys. tongue.gif

russell_bynum
You're a geezer as far as I'm concerned.

grin.gif

Yeah, but then again.... so is Paris Hilton. grin.gif

That chest hair grow all the way in yet? I know you have been waitin on that... lmao.gif

Shawn

grin.gif

I was 39 when the boxer bug bit. In the five years since the side affect has been a migration of hair from my head to other areas of my body eek.gif, either sell your bike or invest in Schick.

27 with I bought my 1150R... 29 I got my RT. I jsut matured fast in my riding. I went from 600cc sportbike at 22 (only 2 tickets... not bad) to a 1000cc sportbike bike at 25. I got that out of my system (only 1 ticket suprisingly) and went to a dual sport at 27, then my BMW that same year. Never been pulled over on a BMW. Wow I do ride like a old man now... at least I'm not riding an LT. thumbsup.gif

Nah, you're young for the touring crowd, i.e., folks who are retired or have lots of vacation time... many of whom just happen to ride BMWs because they are such great long distance touring bikes.

I bought my first BMW R75/5 new in 1973 when I was 21. I thought $2100 was a fortune and remember that the payment was more than my house payment. Good thing insurance and gas were cheap so I could afford to eat.

My best friend and long-time riding buddy bought a beautiful 1976 BMW R90S at the ripe old age of 21 - on a telephone lineman's salary. Being ten years older and much smarter, I thought he was nuts. He put 100,000+ miles on it while I went through a plethora of motorcycles - all faster (the bikes, not me on the bikes). He now has a silver Boxer Cup. We took our first ride together - me on my new R1200ST. We stopped on the side of the road to gab before parting ways, he to I-10 East, me to I-10 West.

He didn't say it, but I knew what he was thinking, "Well, old man, finally."

Archived