Mirrors for Handle Bar on R1200RT

Bernie

Does anyone have the part numbers for handle bar mirrors for a 2007 R1200RT. I had them on my R1100RT and would really like to get a pair for the R1200RT.

Some people like the k12 mirrors, some like the GS mirrors, and I've heard others that like the ST mirrors. It all depends on what you're looking for. So, you probably want to search out opinions on which mirrors you want based on your build and riding style, and then head over to realoem.com and look up the part numbers there.

Will the mirrors from the K12RS fit into the handle bar lever assemblies that came with the R1200RT?

I would like to be able to mount them in the existing holes in those units.

Will the mirrors from the K12RS fit into the handle bar lever assemblies that came with the R1200RT?

I would like to be able to mount them in the existing holes in those units.

Why? Maybe because you like taking pictures of yourself in the bike's mirrors? lmao.gif

If instead it's so that you view more than "elbows", the Suburban bar risers on my RT do help that issue as claimed in their web ad below.

Jeff

Suburban Machine webpage

I tried to mount K1200RS mirrors on my RT and they fit perfectly. BUT they were directly in the middle of the view through the stock mirrors and were unusable to me. Maybe those cool ones that go on the bar ends would be good. Just my view (pun intended)

Dennis_n1kcl

Hey Bernie, rumor was going around at the last nef meeting that you were buying a new rt. congratulations, and don't worry abt the mirrors, you'll get used to them.

I went to the BMW UK National rally last weekend and saw a R1200RT with GS Mirrors but I didnt check out how the nuts fited underneath. Does anyone know about this please.

I think the part numbers are 5162307769 for the mirrors.

Regards

915661-Mirrors.jpg.2b595cb0ec7cda812e78f1949a0ca426.jpg

If that is the part number for the mirrors ,this should be the numbers for the nuts and washers.

51162309607 for the washer and 51162328287 for the nut, I believe. I could not find a part number for the cover for the nuts.

Thanks Dennis, got 717 miles on it. Going to Millers BMW for the 600 mile service on Saturday morning.

I had the handlebar mirrors on my old R1100RT for so long, now I have to get used to this mirrors.

Archived