Yikes - GAS!!!

velomoto

Near the end of a wonderful ride up into Wyoming we happened into some freshly spilled gasoline on the road. Nothing "major", just a quart or two which spilled from the SUV in front of us as they accelerated from a light while making a left turn. For those who haven't had this experience, let me assure you that fresh gasoline on an asphalt road is VERY slippery! eek.gif

Fortunately nobody went down, but it certainly added some excitement to the trip. Y'all be careful out there! thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider
If you think gasoline is slippery....try diesel. eek.gif

At a toll booth.....in Chicago... Not that this ever happened to me or anything... crazy.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn

Right in the coinpurse.

Cheap shot, yes, but had to be done. If I didn't say it, Tasker or Knappy would have. thumbsup.gif

BTW, you could have said back to me:

"or sand washes in dirt bike riding class"

dopeslap.gif

russell_bynum
BTW, you could have said back to me:

"or sand washes in dirt bike riding class"

dopeslap.gif

Or sandy right-hand corners on North Main Divide road.

But dirt bike crashes don't count, so that's off-limits.

Nothing more slippery than the road in front of a full service car wash. The skid demon lurks where slippery gloss slime is applied to the side of cage tires.

heating oil delivery truck with a faulty valve on a rainy day and one steep curving hill. No bikes involved but a lot of cars including a LEO and almost crash truck. Once we stopped popped the parking brake (air, rear axel only) and the driver took his foot off the brake we started sliding, not a good feeling. Slid off the slick and stopped before hitting anything/one. Pretty hard to walk on as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived