IGNORED

Drive to shop with fuel leak?

RicSF

Would you drive a little over 4 city miles with your fuel line dripping about one drip per 2 seconds? I don't want to pay for a tow but I don't want to set my bike ablaze either?

The odds of there being an, err, 'incident' over that short a trip is probably pretty small but considering the potential consequences I wouldn't take the chance. You can rent a flatbed trailer for a few hours for pretty cheap.

Is it something you could fix yourself?

russell_bynum
The odds of there being an, err, 'incident' over that short a trip is probably pretty small but considering the potential consequences I wouldn't take the chance. You can rent a flatbed trailer for a few hours for pretty cheap.

Is it something you could fix yourself?

+1

Where is the leak coming from?

I didn't have time to take a hard look this morning. All I know right now is that the fuel is dripping down what I think is the fuel line (black, soft plastic hose on right of R1150 gs) from somewhere further up into the bike. I'll take off the seat and examine more closely tonight.

You probably just have a leak from a quick disconnect fitting, a rather common issue. I'll let someone more familiar with these go over your options for a fix, but it's probably something you can easily do yourself.

Archived