IGNORED

Triple Tree BMW Emblem

EddyQ

I recently bought the BMW emblem (plaque) (51147667456) and the o-ring to replace the cheap looking black plastic cap just under the key on the triple tree. Now I have it and have no idea how to install it. The fiche make it look like the o-ring might hold it in the hole once the plastic cap is removed. Nope, the plaque and o-ring is far to small. The plaque is peal and stick. So maybe it is designed to simply stick to the old cap? But what is the o-ring for?

Has anyone done this that could give me a clue?

Did you get the stainless plug that goes in the hole where you remove the old plastic cap? The emblem then sticks into the stainless plug/cap.

Did you get the stainless plug that goes in the hole where you remove the old plastic cap? The emblem then sticks into the stainless plug/cap.

I have no stainless piece. But, that sounds like it would work well. Attached is the fiche that shows the parts. I see no such stainless piece. Though, I will investigate.

915591-B0004895.jpg.957a46fb1817e15bc5443988dad9a1a4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

Experienced the same as Eddy Q. It appeared that these items are replacements parts. Yesterday I received the correct item. It has a plastic base on which the badge is glued and it has the O-ring for keeping out moist. The partnumber is 31 42 7 704 591 and is originally used for the R1200R and S and some K's. In the Netherlands price was about 38 euro or about $ 50.

Bye for now

Archived