IGNORED

Night lighting

thew

I'm a happy owner of my first bike after years of borrowing my dad's. I'm working on assembling my gear for years of safe, equipted, and hopefully long riding with my '01 R1100RT-P. I'm wondering what you all use or recmmend for having light on the bike for night time activities (like checking a map or grabing something from the tankbag). I was on a ride last night when I realized that the headlamp I carry in my "glove box" wasn't going to be useful unless I stopped and rather difficult to use with gloves on. A penlight in a tank bag seems like the easy answer but I'm wondering about some kind of mounted flexible light? Would love any hints, suggestions, or brands to look at.

Thanks!

Buy one of those cheap super bright LED keychain lights. The kind that turn on when you squeeze them. Then velcro it to one of the flat spots on your handle bars. Mine is on the clutch side handle bar, on the far side of the choke lever. You don't even see it unless you are looking for it. The previous owner of my bike put it on there at, and it is still hanging on even though I barely use it. The few times I have needed it, it was right there and easy to use with gloves.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"

Buy one of those cheap super bright LED keychain lights. The kind that turn on when you squeeze them. Then velcro it to one of the flat spots on your handle bars. Mine is on the clutch side handle bar, on the far side of the choke lever. You don't even see it unless you are looking for it. The previous owner of my bike put it on there at, and it is still hanging on even though I barely use it. The few times I have needed it, it was right there and easy to use with gloves.

"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I use one of these but it's attached to the zipper pull on my jacket. It lights up your map on your tank bag nicely and its always handy.

Henry

Archived