IGNORED

ABS Question

Godfather

Is the ABS suppose to engage (make that horrific noise) after every stop and re start from a stop sign? I noticed that mine does not. The brakes work just fine though. 99' R 1100 RT Thanks!

The noise the ABS makes when first starting to move after the bike is started...it usually initializes around 4 mph. My RT does it after first starting to roll, and then occasionally at stop lights/signs, but not every time.??? confused.gif

horrific noise

It runs a self test whenever you have stopped if the time since the last self test exceeds some small period of time. In short, it's testing the system. This is a good thing.

Stan

I understand about the self check but, does the system re check itself after EVERY stop or is ther an exact time between tests?

Joe Frickin' Friday
I understand about the self check but, does the system re check itself after EVERY stop or is ther an exact time between tests?

I think it's a minimum of around ten minutes or so. Could be longer, depending on when your next stop is. But no, it doesn't do the reset/self-check after every single stop.

Mine does it at initial start as always. Otherwise it does it sometimes when taking off from a stop. There does not seem to be any pattern or particular time interval to it. Just happy to hear it once in a while and not see the lights flashing. crazy.gif

What horrific noise?confused.gif Other than a somewhat annoying servo whine on my '02 R1150RT mine doesn't make any noise at all.
The OP is asking about his 1100 series bike. They do an audible self-check where they momentarily for a short pulse engage the brakes while stopped on their own. The 1150 (and 1200) series do not do this.

Archived