IGNORED

800 mile ride!!

mellis1951

I went to Sturgis this year and ended up riding home , a 800 mile trip from Wall, all in one day. I left Wall about 8:30 and got home about 7:30. I have a 2000 1100 RT and I couldn't have asked for a better ride, although I wish I would have bought one of those gel/sheepskin seatcovers in Sturgis. It was my first trip that long, but it won't be my last! I'm attaching a picture my wife took when I pulled in the driveway.

914746-sturgis07end.JPG.6f35883ecaff240edf1418f1326537ad.JPG

That's a pretty good day ride.... grin.gif

A few more miles and you can qualify for an Iron Butt ride. I enjoy the Black Hills area and the west in general for riding. Welcome to the board.

I went to Sturgis this year and ended up riding home , a 800 mile trip from Wall, all in one day. I left Wall about 8:30 and got home about 7:30. I have a 2000 1100 RT and I couldn't have asked for a better ride, although I wish I would have bought one of those gel/sheepskin seatcovers in Sturgis. It was my first trip that long, but it won't be my last! I'm attaching a picture my wife took when I pulled in the driveway.

Welcome to the board . Thats the best bike out there not that I'm biased or anything. Also the fastest color .grin.gif. Dave

Mark--welcome to the board.You need to think about some protective gear real soon. Mesh works good for this time of year. A full face helmet would be a good investment. Take a look at the thread in motorcycle talk about burning butts. It will help put out the fire! Good luck and ride safe.

Mark,

Welcome aboard! Hey don't be shy, tell us a bit about yourself in the way of an intro letter (if I missed one the 'scuse me) and by filling out yur profile more!

Cheers to you and to many, many, many more rides. Ride safe!

clap.gif Congrats! thumbsup.gif

x2 on the comment about protective gear. It actually helps you go longer. I've had my '97 R1100RT out for over 1,200 in a day followed by a couple of 1,000 & 900 milers. It's more enjoyable if you haven't got so much wind, sun, dehydration, freezing, rocks pingging....

Great to have you here wave.gif

russell_bynum
Yea, the protective gear is on shopping wishlist. What's best for protective pants? Thanks.

That's like asking if Blondes are better than Brunettes. smile.gif

There's lots of choices, and lots of good products out there. Everything will be a tradeoff between protection, cost, practicality, comfort, and climate. Something that's great in the hot humid summers of Florida is not going to be a good choice for the winters of Chicago.

You'll most likely wind up with several sets of gear to deal with different circumstances.

Archived