IGNORED

1150GS ABS Reset

Al Navecky Jr

Al Navecky Jr

I tried a search with no luck. Is there a way to reset the ABS on a 1150GS? Asking for friend that is not online.

Thanks

What exactly are you trying to reset? What is the problem you are attempting to deal with? As far as I know there is no reset like the O2 sensor reset on BMW cars.

Did a little searching for you: On the 95-2001 ABS II systems if you have a fault which does not cure itself when the ignition is switched off and then on, press the ABS cancel switch-this confirms to the control unit that the fault has been acknowledged by the rider. The system switches itself off. The upper indicator light will extinguish, while the lower one remains lit (not flashing)after 4.5 minutes the lights will both start flashing again alternately as a reminder that there is a fault. Press the ABS switch again. Hope that helps. wave.gif

I tried a search with no luck. Is there a way to reset the ABS on a 1150GS? Asking for friend that is not online.
Not an answer you will like...

There are two ways: Take it to the dealer and have them put it on the GT-1 and read the fault code(s). Purchase (or know someone who has) Hexcode.co's GS-911 diagnostic reader.

As mentioned, if you have a fault light that remains after a re-start, you most likely have a true system fault. But reading the codes is the only way to know for sure.

Thanks

Al, I presume that 1150 has the EVO ABS breaking system? If so it will automatically reset once the problem is repaired (or problem goes away).. The stored codes will remain (for how many restarts I do not know) but the system should reset to full function on it’s own (assuming the problem is gone)..

What warning light or lights are on (or blinking)?? Are they blinking in phase or opposed?? How fast are they (it) blinking?? The light or lights that are on,, if they blink together or opposed,, & how fast they blink will help us tell you what the problem is..

Twisty

Archived