IGNORED

Newbie, R1200ST

RamblinBoy

Hello, All...

Just picked up my first BMW, a lovely (Yes, lovely, DADGUMMIT) R1200ST of the faster silver pursuasion. My Three closest riding friends have a plethora of BMWs among them - R1100S, K1200RS, R1100RT, K-75S, along with a history of previous, including several airheads. I have ridden a bunch of miles on BMWs but this is my first.

It is a very nice motorcycle. Has ABS, heated grips and a nice Rick Mayer saddle. Got on a Greyhound bus at 1:00AM, rode it 500 miles, picked up the bike and rode it home, all in the same day. Not IronButt, but not a bad day for a "get acquainted" ride by a graybeard.

I will be looking at an aftermarket exhaust and a Techlusion Dobek arrangement. Wouldn't mind hearing from those who might have added either.

Thanks all for a nice board.

RamblinBoy

Congrats! Silver STs rule. I can't answer your exhaust question, but I can say welcome and note that you have VERY nice taste in Beemers. wave.gif

Welcome! and as a person who has also riden bmw's but never owned one, I also am curious about your questions. Hopefully I will be joining the ST crowd soon as well. (fingers crossed)

JT

RamblinBoy- Congrats!

i'm in the same boat--new owner of 2005 silver 1200ST.

An observation- Considering the very small number of these bikes around, a considerable amount of enthusiam is evident on this board. A great source of information/dialogue

Hollar if you are ever traveling I-95 one state north

Archived