IGNORED

Departures: "We have ignition and liftoff...."

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

I thought I'd start a thread for departures.

I'm headed out the door now. Headed to the Un via the BRP; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; TN; and Lexington, KY.

Everyone have a safe ride to the Un. See you all next week.

Mark

I'm headed out the door now. Headed to the Un via the BRP; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; TN; and Lexington, KY.

Taking the short cut, eh? grin.gif Have a fun and safe ride, and I'll see you in WV!

Out the door? It's only Monday. My company won't show up till Friday and won't leave till Sunday, Six Days Away.

Sounds like you are getting a pretty good head start! grin.gif

I'm about to head out the door for Parent Orientation at the University of San Diego, where my daughter is starting her freshman year (woohoo!). After that, I'm going to hop on one of these:

DSC_3378%20A320-232%20N430UA%20United%20left%20side%20take-off%20l.jpg

I'm hoping they'll get the gear doors closed before we go too far!

Then I get on one of these:

PALM%20UA%20CRJ200-3.jpg

And after I get to Nashville I get on this:

lean.jpg

and finally get to start riding to Fayetteville (probably a bit more conservatively than pictured here, of course. And without the tape on the lights)!

See you there!

I was going to add, "I hope you aren't going to ride like that," but then I read the rest of the post. tongue.gif But I will be glad to mount the lap timer for you just in case.

See you in the morning.

I got liftoff from Heathrow, and I'm staying my first night in winchester, then I shall make a slow careful ride to Fayetteville.

thumbsup.gif

Steve

That should be a BEAUTIFUL ride from Winchester. Was there last weekend and had a great time and found some good roads.

I got liftoff from Heathrow, and I'm staying my first night in winchester, then I shall make a slow careful ride to Fayetteville.

thumbsup.gif

Steve

I'm headed that way later this morning. You'll probably be a few hours ahead of me. wave.gif

Bike is packed, I'm ready, in 10 minutes I'm rolling. Finger Lakes Rally/Watkins Glen NY today, little roads on Monday/Tuesday to Fayetteville. See y'all there! thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

Steve

I'm headed that way later this morning. You'll probably be a few hours ahead of me. wave.gif

don't be so sure, I'm a slow riser grin.gif see you soon, if you see a biker with a white full face helmet on a cruser, and a funny bag on the back, that's me

Steve

Headed out the door with all my stuff...first stop Akron, PA this afternoon. Second stop Fayetteville, WV tomorrow!

See ya soon!

S

"In ten minutes I'll be late for the door"! Headed to east Tennessee today, and we'll be riding in the Smokies tomorrow. See everyone on Tuesday.

Mike

Lets_Play_Two

Penelope and I made to Columbia SC after enduring that offshore rainstorm that made it to Savannah. Had lunch in Jacksonville and picked up Killer's camera for delivery in WV. The last 200 miles of them day were pleasant and allowed us to dry out!! Leisurely 300 miles tomorrow.

PS I couldn't get both bikes in the hotel room. grin.gif

Bill Walker flew into Nashville this morning, packed up, and headed out. He's spending the night in Athens, TN, and will tackle the Cherohala and southern end of the BRP tomorrow.

Bill Walker flew into Nashville this morning, packed up, and headed out. He's spending the night in Athens, TN, and will tackle the Cherohala and southern end of the BRP tomorrow.

Thanks, David! I don't have a computer with me (my laptop died, and I'm waiting for a rumored new model). However, tonight my motel has a (as in one) computer in the "Business Center", so here I am! If anybody else is going to be in the Cherohala Skyway/BRP/VA 16 area tomorrow, I'll look forward to running into you. If not, see you in Fayetteville.

Archived