IGNORED

Mini Stan--anyone in the Bay Area have one I can borrow?

sidetoside

Well, I just kind of finished my 8 hour valve adjustment blush.gif Yeah, I suck. Oh, and I bow down to all you valve adjustment gurus out there who make it look so friggin easy. It ain't. Not for someone like me anyway. Back to the reason for my post. My R1200GS is still in pieces (tank off, etc), as I was planning on being real stupid (I'm on a roll) and trying to do a brake bleed. Well, I pulled out my trusty (never used) min-stan, but lo and behold, it doesn't fit. I think mine was made for early '02 RT's, SOOOOOOO my bike is apart, it sorely needs a full brake bleed...I mean bad....but I can't do it. Does anyone have one I can borrow? I'm in Woodside, on the Peninsula.

One other question, when I used needle nose pliers to twist the two small hoses to get them off my fuel tank (right side), I kind of dug into the rubber and split it (not all the way, but its pretty deep). Is that ok, or should I cut off the end a bit before I reattach. There's not a whole lot of slack, so I'd rather just deal with the partially split hose if it doesn't present a safety issue. Of course, I have no idea what the hose does tongue.gifblush.gifdopeslap.gif

One other question, when I used needle nose pliers to twist the two small hoses to get them off my fuel tank (right side), I kind of dug into the rubber and split it (not all the way, but its pretty deep). Is that ok, or should I cut off the end a bit before I reattach.
They are just vent hoses, not under any pressure. If not cut all the way through I suspect they will be just fine.

Archived