IGNORED

1100rt cloudy windshield

richd

purchased a used 1100rt with approx 7800 miles on it from a dealer.. the windshield is cloudy (i think previous owner left out in sun for long periods of time)?.. anyway, i used some windex and some elbow greese.. and got a lot of it off.. any suggestions on what to use? thank you.

I'm sorry to say that you accepted the windshield in the cloudy condition. Mequiars plastic cleaner may help. Plexus is also a good product.

Probably nothing will be satisfactory. The good news is OEM windscreens are popping up for sale all the time as people replace them with aftermarket ones. Post a "WTB" in the Classifieds section on this board and I'll bet you'll get several low cost offers.

The back face of the winscreen has an anti glare film applied to it. Perhaps that is the cloudy part? You can remove it by removing the windscreen and taking it to a coin op'd pressure car wash, lay it down (on a protective bath towel) and blasting the film off with the pressure wash. Worked for me.

I just bought a used bike and the windshield was all messed up. I bought a polishing ball, put it on a drill and used some polish .I was shocked at all the scratches it removed and how good it looks. Try some finishing polish that body shops use. thumbsup.gif

Archived