IGNORED

passenger back rest for R1200RT

Jking

Does anyone have suggestions or has done an inexspensive passenger back rest for the R1200RT 07? I don't need the $800.00 top case,

Thanks

pirateslair.com has very stylish passenger back rests that look OEM for something like $395.00 (final run units). I purchased one of the prototypes and he should have production run units now. Another advantage of these is that you don't loose your rack space.

I purchased the passenger backrest available from Bakup and installed it this spring. Very well made and comfortable. Looks just like the one for the 1150 and installs very easily with two screws being replaced by longer ones. Cost was $325 or $350, I think. I ordered it directly from the factory.

Does anyone have suggestions or has done an inexspensive passenger back rest for the R1200RT 07? I don't need the $800.00 top case,

Thanks

The Hepco & Becker topcase can be ordered with a backrest. My wife is happy with it.

One unrelated comment about the case: I sure wish I didn't have to use the key every time I open and close the case.

Archived