IGNORED

Parking Light Replacement

malcolmblalock

malcolmblalock

Have recently purchased an "05 1200 RT and need to get a power source for a Centech relay and fuse panel. The bike doesn't have the auxiliary power plug in the rear, so I can't tap into that wire.

Bought an Ezy-Mount "plug 'n play" switched power interface from Cyclenutz to replace the socket for the parking light (has a lead off the device that provides power to the relay).

Problem is--how do you get to the parking light to replace it? From some cursory inspection, it appears that the plastic around the instrument panel has to be removed (doesn't look easy).

Is there an easier way to get to the parking light? Or, alternatively, I've seen an unused connector with only a couple of wires to it under the seat near where the auxiliary plug would be. Could this be the connection for the auxiliary power plug and I could simply tap into it?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Have lots of farkles to add to the bike, but gotta get the electrical power worked out first.

siman00

You can tap into the parking light wire where it enters the headlamp module. It is the blue/white wire in the headlamp connector, as shown in the photo below. This may be easier than pulling the connector off the parking lamp itself. This is how I recommend people to connect P3 Lights .

R1200RT-headlight-connector-wires.jpg

Have recently purchased an "05 1200 RT and need to get a power source for a Centech relay and fuse panel. The bike doesn't have the auxiliary power plug in the rear, so I can't tap into that wire.

Bought an Ezy-Mount "plug 'n play" switched power interface from Cyclenutz to replace the socket for the parking light (has a lead off the device that provides power to the relay).

Problem is--how do you get to the parking light to replace it? From some cursory inspection, it appears that the plastic around the instrument panel has to be removed (doesn't look easy).

Is there an easier way to get to the parking light? Or, alternatively, I've seen an unused connector with only a couple of wires to it under the seat near where the auxiliary plug would be. Could this be the connection for the auxiliary power plug and I could simply tap into it?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Have lots of farkles to add to the bike, but gotta get the electrical power worked out first.

siman00

Look under the nose of the bike. You will see two wires going into the headlamp. Grasp these and pull down - the parking light is just a push-fit.

Andy

Archived