IGNORED

Power Commander

yempaul

russell_bynum

Not on my R1100, but I've got one on my CBR600RR track bike. Fantastic product, great customer service, very easy to use and tune.

I know a few people here have them on their RT's and I'm sure they'll chime in with model-specifc feedback.

Not on my R1100, but I've got one on my CBR600RR track bike. Fantastic product, great customer service, very easy to use and tune.

I know a few people here have them on their RT's and I'm sure they'll chime in with model-specifc feedback.

Any significant difference that you love about it?

russell_bynum

Plug a laptop in via the USB port and you can tweak the map on the fly.

There's a ton of maps out there for free on the 'net (people get their bike tuned on a dyno, then post the map. All you have to do is find maps for your bike and mods (exhaust, etc) and you're good to go. You can compare different people's maps to see how they differ, etc.

You can try something, save the map, try something else, save the map, etc. When you're done, just go back to the map you liked best.

It gives you a huge amount of flexibility.

Or...you can just download a default map for your bike and be done with it.

I don't have one on my BMW, yet, still working on the wife. The advantages at the PCIII has for the BMW is that it includes it's own broadband O2 sensor. It allows the PCIII unit to intercept the O2 signal, match it with it's "map" and then send the corrected signal to the ECM. That's actual closed loop tuning to your map. It also allows adding an optional fuel/air mixture gauge to enhance your ability to tune it. Good product. thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum
I don't have one on my BMW, yet, still working on the wife. The advantages at the PCIII has for the BMW is that it includes it's own broadband O2 sensor. It allows the PCIII unit to intercept the O2 signal, match it with it's "map" and then send the corrected signal to the ECM. That's actual closed loop tuning to your map. It also allows adding an optional fuel/air mixture gauge to enhance your ability to tune it. Good product. thumbsup.gif

Oooh. Right. Good point.

My CBR runs open loop with no O2 sensors, so I wasn't thinking about that benefit.

Archived