36k Service

jredford

I have just returned from Prudoe Bay and the clock(odometer) on my r1200rt just turned 36k. I am pretty handy with a wrench and dislike the prices the local dealer charges.

What really needs to be done?

John

I would change the oil/oil filter, air filter, tranny fluid, Final drive fluid, and adjust the valves. Don't worry about syncing the throttle bodies they rarely need it now on the new hexheads. You might want to think about bleeding the brakes if you have not done that yet. That is certainly a more involved job but you can do that as well. The 36k mile service would run you about $300 at the dealer. The parts will run you about $100 and 2-3 hours to complete the job. Piece of cake man. Grab you wrench and start wrenching.

Where can I find the R1200 Haynes Manual?

Also, the R1150 Hanyes Manual only lists 00-03 1150 GS - does that mean the Twin Spark 04 GS is not included?

Where can I find the R1200 Haynes Manual?

Also, the R1150 Hanyes Manual only lists 00-03 1150 GS - does that mean the Twin Spark 04 GS is not included?

See this thread - R1200 Haynes Manual

Nobody made an '04 specific manual that I'm aware of, that was the only year for the OEM twin-spark 1150's. But most of the bike except specific to that is the same and the older manual will work.

• 2 months later...

Archived