IGNORED

Need Suggestions

New1200RTRider

New1200RTRider

Hey Guys need any suggestions before taking the bike to the dealer. Have a 2005 1200 RT and was going to do the valve adjustment. I started to take out one of the spark plugs using

a 16mm deep socket. The socket went in ok but got stuck inside

the hole where the spark plug is. Found Out I should have used a thin walled deep socket or the BMW spark plug tool. Tried using a vise grip to get it back out but the socket is wedged in the hole. Any Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Assuming it has a 3/8" or (some size) drive hole- put an appropriately sized extension into the hole. Spray as per above, and move from side to side, and up and down, then circular... now you are doing the hokey-pokey... not thats not it... get it loose see if it will pull out.

If that does not work, take really long nail and bend over a 90 degree angle on the end... put the nail into the socket's drive hole and using appropriate padding like a wooden block pry against the nail head with a claw hammer- or some other pulling device like a gear puller or a battery terminal puller. Its gotta come out that way.

Let us hear how it comes out.... so to speak.

I never thought of this...But can't you take the valve cover off with spark plug still in???? It'll make it a lit easier to get that socket off, and the socket may come off with the cover no?

Archived