IGNORED

RAM mount on handlebar aux. mirror hole?

MattP

Has anyone experimented with a RAM mount on (or through) the auxilary mirror mounting hole on the 1150RT's handlebar? I want to put a RAM ball in that general area for a camera to get the occasional in-ride picture. I know there's a mount for the brake resev. cover, but I thought since that hole was already there, maybe there was a good way to fashion a stud of some sort for a RAM ball. THANKS!!!

If you'd like to try before you buy, you may use mine first. It came off my 1150RT and I am currently not using it.

73271230.jpg

I purchased the Garmin "Zumo", it came with a "U" bolt that fits just to the right of the clutch reservior and came with a Ram Mount. It provides close convience for the last hand. In additon it does not block the view of the Dash. Your can view the equipemnt on the Garmin web sit. I suspect it can purchased several places. wave.gif

If you'd like to try before you buy, you may use mine first. It came off my 1150RT and I am currently not using it.

Do you know the Ram #--1056B doesn't look quite like this one.

Santa Cruz BMW has the parts in stock to do that...They have a part machined for the 1150 RT....

Now that I put in a shameless plug....I have one that I would part with...bought one for each side and found that I dont use the one over the throttle grip...

PM me if you are interested in it...I will check pricing and let you know...

Cheers

Heck

Archived