IGNORED

crashed his bike, found 39 hours later

barncobob

Hmmm....guess he was lucky, but the story doesn't sound right. I'ts a long straight road, some rolling hills, some turns but nothing you could really call sweepers and it's about a 20 mile stretch.

Slid on a rock in the road? Ok , give him the benefit of the doubt....

wave.gif

Hmmm....guess he was lucky, but the story doesn't sound right. I'ts a long straight road, some rolling hills, some turns but nothing you could really call sweepers and it's about a 20 mile stretch.

Slid on a rock in the road? Ok , give him the benefit of the doubt....

wave.gif

Google Maps

I feel bad for the guy having such a terrible experience and losing his leg. However I do believe the accident was his fault.

I have ridden past that area many times, the road makes a very gentle bend. There is a lot of problems with speeders and accidents on this stretch of road. Many deadly accidents have been caused by people making illegal passes crossing over the double yellow line.

For someone to go flying off the road and land in the creek below, I would suspect inattention to the road, careless driving, drinking and driving, low riding skills, or some combination of the above.

If he had been carrying a cell phone his miserable 2 days laying in the tule reeds and drinking swamp water could have been avoided. His leg could probably could have been saved also. There is a lesson here.

If he had been carrying a cell phone his miserable 2 days laying in the tule reeds and drinking swamp water could have been avoided. His leg could probably could have been saved also. There is a lesson here.

Back around '82 or '83 a friend of mine was also riding a Harley and was involved in an accident and lost his right leg. I'm beginning to see a pattern here ....... confused.gif

That's assuming he could get a signal where he was. The problem with cell-phones is that they are so unreliable and people tend to rely on them. dopeslap.gif

Coming and going to Torrey, forget about cell phones from east of Reno until approaching Reno again on the way back.

Archived