IGNORED

K12GT power

Chipit

Replaced stock muffler with Laser slip-on (removed baffle) and removed airbox snorkel. Power increased from 121hp to 135. Any suggestions regarding additional ways to increase power?

Replaced stock muffler with Laser slip-on (removed baffle) and removed airbox snorkel. Power increased from 121hp to 135. Any suggestions regarding additional ways to increase power?

Let's see the dyno chart, first. Otherwise I'd suggest some carbon fiber bits. tongue.gif

This is on a new generation GT?

Which version Laser?

One designed for the K 1200 S? Which one of those?

An increase of over 10% from just this would be unusual based on the relatively modest gains produced on other models when Dyno tested.

Would like to see the graph, where power is gained and the new torque curve.

Thanks.

David you have 22,000+ posts?? Or did I read that wrong?

That's correct--back when I owned the place, I posted a lot. Not very valuable stuff, but lots of it. grin.gif

Dennis Andress

Good luck with that...

My `02 KRS came with a Remus exhaust including a loud carbon fiber can -- which I rather enjoyed at the time. The original owner had a dyno run done after putting the exhaust on which shows 115 hp at the rear wheel. As with most things of that nature the dyno run chart is more valuable on the coffee table then on the open road. And, I grew tired of the loud muffler and put a quieter Remus on.

Compared to a similar KRS with the stock exhaust the carbon fiber muffler would pull harder above 6,000 rpm which was most noticeable when passing at speeds over 90. The new "street" muffler moves the extra power down a little bit to above 4,500 which makes the bike much more streetable.

If anyone wants a Remus carbon fiber can its yours for the price of shipping....

David you have 22,000+ posts?? Or did I read that wrong?

That's correct--back when I owned the place, I posted a lot. Not very valuable stuff, AND lots of it. grin.gif

Fixed it for you, Baker! cool.gif

As for that power mod, I too would LOVE to see a dyno chart before going forth. That sure was an easy pickup of +10% hp!

Sorry, I have not attached the dyno run as it as the dealer and I have not been back since the work was done. Hope to attach within a few days. I did a direct ride comparison to a friend's stock GT and there is quite a difference. My bike was a lot faster. We started in 4th gear at 4,000 rpm. I was careful not to roll-on quicker than him and it took a couple seconds to pass him. Maybe I am experiencing the same result as you did, with the increase coming at higher rpm.

Archived