IGNORED

(Another) Autocom (Pro Sport 7)question

BabyCow

Could the Autocom gurus advise me if there is a sound level difference between the standard autocom speakers and earphones i.e Etymotics ERE-6i/Shure E3c. I am going on a road trip for 10 days or so and I am comfortable with the speakers but my pillion prefers the earphones. Can I mix and match and have an acceptable sound level for both i.e will we both have the same sound or will the earphones require less volume making the speaker level to low requiring me to use earphones as well. I do have the setup/leads for using earphones for both of us. Thanks in advance

Could the Autocom gurus advise me if there is a sound level difference between the standard autocom speakers and earphones i.e Etymotics ERE-6i/Shure E3c. I am going on a road trip for 10 days or so and I am comfortable with the speakers but my pillion prefers the earphones. Can I mix and match and have an acceptable sound level for both i.e will we both have the same sound or will the earphones require less volume making the speaker level to low requiring me to use earphones as well. I do have the setup/leads for using earphones for both of us. Thanks in advance

Yes, there is a notable difference in sound volume. When it's set right for the earphone wearer, it will be too low for the speaker user, and when the speakers are set right, the earphones will be too loud. The solution, since your Pro-7 doesn't have the individual volume controls of the latest Autocom units, is to use an inline volume control, from Radio Shack, on your earphones. That way, you can turn the volumes to where your passenger is happy, and then turn yours down to where you're happy. The Radio Shack volume control runs less than $10. Most Radio Shacks stock them.

John Bentall
Thank you. I expected that you would be the one to answer clap.gifthumbsup.gif

He only got there first because of the difference in time zones - I was asleep!! grin.gif

Thank you. I expected that you would be the one to answer clap.gifthumbsup.gif

He only got there first because of the difference in time zones - I was asleep!! grin.gif

If John ever answers you before I do, listen to what he has to say. He knows his stuff.

Archived