Ipod remote control

TomK

It looks like my 1st generation ipod has finally bit the dust. I kept it in the faring compartment and used the wired remote control. I would like to do the same with a new unit but it appears Apple does not make a wired remote anymore. Does anyone out there have any experience with the wireless remotes in motorcycle applications? I have noticed ones made by Monster and iJet. There is also a wired remote/Fm receiver. ??

Thanks

I use an iJet, with the remote velcroed to my left mirror stalk. I can reach it without taking my hand completely off the bar. Works great, and doesn't tether me to the bike (I keep my iPod in an inside jacket pocket, or a shirt pocket). My iPod is older, and I have a wired remote, but I MUCH prefer the iJet.

I use an iJet, with the remote velcroed to my left mirror stalk. I can reach it without taking my hand completely off the bar. Works great, and doesn't tether me to the bike (I keep my iPod in an inside jacket pocket, or a shirt pocket). My iPod is older, and I have a wired remote, but I MUCH prefer the iJet.

I use the iJet, too. The only issue I've had is that I've found that if the remote and the receiver (connected to your iPod) are too close together, it doesn't work. In my case, I carry my iPod in my tank bag, and I find I have to put it in the right rear corner for the iJet to work reliably.

I use a Griffin Airclick on my 5G iPod video. Got it from ProVantage which is also a great (cheap) source for etymotic ear buds.

The remote isn't waterproof, and the receiver knocks 8 hours off the battery life on the iPod. I usually pick a playlist, and keep the iPod inder the mapcase cover on the tankbag.

I use an iJet, with the remote velcroed to my left mirror stalk. I can reach it without taking my hand completely off the bar. Works great, and doesn't tether me to the bike (I keep my iPod in an inside jacket pocket, or a shirt pocket).

I use my iJet the same way... works great.

I have both: Monster and iJet. I'm currently using the Monster. My 8 Gb Nano is mounted in a RAM mount on the left side of the handlebars. The signal receiver plugs into the Nano without the blocking anything. The remote is velcroed to the cover where the radio controls would be, if I had the BMW radio. Works fine, although I did remove the rubber "edging" around the remote so it would fit better. With the iJet, the Nano must be inside of a plastic case the holds the Nano, an FM transmitter for car use and the remote receiver. The plastic case won't fit the RAM mount. I also have an Autocom unit (mounted under the seat). At one time, I had an XM radio mounted on a RAM mount, so the line into the Autocom is right at the RAM mount. If I were to put the Nano in a pocket, I'd need a longer cable to feed the Autocom.

I use a Monster remote with the ipod in my jacket. Mounted the remote where the BMW radio remote goes on the left handlebar. Zip ties and foam backing. Works great with Torks Pro helmet speakers. Clear sound at highway speeds. thumbsup.gif

Archived