IGNORED

Touratech Engine Guards

malcolmblalock

malcolmblalock

I think I've decided to go with the Touratech engine bar guards rather than the Wunderlich bars.

I have one last question before ordering them. Do the bars interfere with engine maintenance (valve adjustments, spark plug replacement, oil change, etc)?

I can't tell from the pictures whether or not the bars are in the way for routine maintenance.

If anyone out there has experience with the Touratech engine guard bars, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

siman00

I don't have any personal experience with them but the word on this forum is that they need to be replced to do valve checks/adjustments,

malcolmblalock

I know the engine covers from Touratech do, but still wondering if the bar type guards interfere with engine maintenance..... confused.gif

I have the Touratech bars. You do not have to take them off to change oil/Filter, or to change your tranny fluid. I just had mine in for the 6000 mile service, and I know that they did not take the Touratech bars off for servicing. Whether they failed to do part of the 6000 service I don't know. Hopefully they did the service that they were supposed to do and didn't have to take the bars off. This dealer is usually pretty good about servicing bikes.

Jimster : wave.gif

I have the Touratech bars. You do not have to take them off to change oil/Filter, or to change your tranny fluid. I just had mine in for the 6000 mile service, and I know that they did not take the Touratech bars off for servicing. Whether they failed to do part of the 6000 service I don't know. Hopefully they did the service that they were supposed to do and didn't have to take the bars off. This dealer is usually pretty good about servicing bikes.

Jimster : wave.gif

If they did not take them off, they did not check/adjust your valves.

Mine is at the dealer for the 12k service. I have been charged an extra hour by this dealer for R/R the bars and .5hrs at San Jose for it.

So yes, every 6k miles it is a bit more work, or a bit more money if paying a dealer. I think the bars look better than Wunderlich, so it is a trade off you have to decide if it is worth it.

Archived