IGNORED

Garmin Give Me Great Customer Service

Exploreinman

Exploreinman

I purchased a Garmin Quest 2 approximately 16 months ago and I've had flawless service from it up until now. The unit will not simply power up, either off the battery or nurmerous other power sources that I've tried. Knowing that the unit only has a one year warranty I called Garmin for some help. Due to the nature of the problem and that the unit was only a few months out of warranty, the customer service agent told me to send it in and a new unit would be shipped to me upon receipt. I was very impressed. I was expecting to have to cry and plead for help. They easily could have said the unit was out of warranty and that I'd have to pay for the fix. Now that's customer service. When it's time to purchase a new unit, I can promise you I'll be shopping for a Garmin. It's nice to see great customer service from a company these days. Anyone else have a good experience with Garmin customer service? smile.gif

Exploreinman

I've also had great service from them. I had a 26xx motorcycle mount lose the little metal clip that actually goes into the slot on the back of unit (some are riveted on, some are screwed on, in my experience). I emailed Garmin, and they sent me a whole new motorcycle mount kit, cradle, cable, and all.

More recently, I was using my Nav II (which came to me on my '04 RT, which I bought used) in my truck, and a plastic piece on the end of the 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter/speaker broke. I inquired as to whether I could purchase this part. I got a reply that said that part was not available separately, and that they had arranged to send me a new adapter, gratis!

"Preaching to the Choir" is the expression that immediately comes to mind...

While on vacation in Rhode Island last month I managed to loose the little screwdriver(?) that tightens down the Zumo 550 security screw when it's on the bike. No big woop except we towed the bike up there & used the GPS in the car.

A call to Garmin & they sent one out immediately. Adding insult to injury, the voice part of the GPS stopped working on the way home; called again, they shipped a new cradle.

That didn't work; (but they said keep the replacement cradle anyway) mailed it to them with their required work order # and received a new unit one week later.

Garmin service has proven to be excellent, as has the Zumo.

Garmin might nuke its competition if its software UI were as friendly as their customer service.

The backlighting on my 60CSx went out a few months after I bought it. After the problem was diagnosed as hardware failure, I sent it back, crossing my fingers that they'd not make a fuss over where & how I bought it (NIB from an eBay power seller -- possibly gray market and supposedly taboo for Garmin's warranty). At some point after I shipped the package, I realized I'd fumbled Garmin's instructions and left my MicroSD data card in it. Before I could call Garmin to try to salvage the data card, the replacement arrived, with my data card installed in it, and with the maps already unlocked. thumbsup.gif

"Preaching to the Choir" is the expression that immediately comes to mind...

Ditto.

Garmin is by far the best customer service on the planet. I enjoy the fact that when I call, a human picks up the call and simply ask, "how can I help". No checking serial number, name, account, etc first. I have called a few times to ask some really dumb questions and they are always helpful.

I agree, if their software was as good as their customer service - all in the world would be perfect.

It is surprising that something as a good UI is not a priority at Garmin.

Can't say the same for my experience with Garmin at this point.

My Zumo will not hold a charge, works great in the cradle or on the charger. Phone call number one (30 minute wait), I was ask to do some test, while out in the garage on the portable phone, I explained to the tech that my battery was low on the portable and gave him my number, ask that he call me back if we disconnected. Sure enough we disconnected, he did not call back.

After completing the test he ask I called back in (15 Minute wait) talked to a young lady, explained the problem, she said the whole unit would need to come in. I was about to leave for Sturgis and she said just to email her when I got back and she would set it all up. After 3 unanswered emails over 2 weeks, I guess it is time to get in the Garmin que again. Not happy.

John, I too have had to wait (a long time) and believe I talk to the same girl you did. I knew more than her, and her main goal was to get me off the phone. I called right back, got another person and he took the time to help me. He even told me the playlist instructions on the website were wrong and the 2820 does not support a playlist.

I think they need to do a much better job in thier whole communcation approach; however, overall Garmin has been the best.

Archived