IGNORED

Sirius or XM - how to keep it dry.

Armando

I have been wanting to install a Sirius radio on my bike. Question for all of you is, how do you keep it dry when riding in the rain.

I had a drawstring plastic bag which cinched over my Roady. Worked well mounted on a RAM mount. I got it on Cycle Gadgets, who's web site, for the life of me, I can't open!

I got this Idea from the San Diego Edmonds. A plastic girly makeup bag... its clear with a zipper on top, has the unit inside and mounted, just unzip and fold down in the sunshine. I found mine at Walmart in cosmetics , i think.

Elastic bowl covers. Usually one package has a couple in small-med-large sizes, you'll probably find a size that will work for your unit.

regards

find a size that will work for your unit.

I use those Magnums.

I have a rain cover from an old tank bag that will cover my Sirius tuner, my GPS, and my Valentine 1, 2 out of the three devices being non-waterproof. It has a clear plastic map window in it so I can see the GPS.

I also have a couple shower caps in my tank bag just in case.

In a bind I've used plastic bags from the store.

As long as I'm moving the stuff stays pretty dry, being behind the windshield, but the mist from really wet conditions will build up - if it's just a little microburst I don't usually bother with any of this stuff, just serious rain.

find a size that will work for your unit.

I use those Magnums.

Yep, me too, except I use one of my non-lubricated condoms. It doesn't fit real tight over the radio, so I have to use ratcheting tie-downs to keep it from flying away. tongue.gif

Archived