IGNORED

Impressions of my new Sargent Seat for the 07 K1200GT

kingpinofdisks

kingpinofdisks

Ummmm....

My ass is twice as happy, with no hot spots anywhere, now that I have the sargent seat.

I highly recommend one for anyone with an 07 K1200GT and an unhappy butt.

It looks great, feels great, what more do ya want?

http://www.sargentcycle.com/bmwwsk12gt06.htm

The seat in the picture is the one they shipped to my dealer to put on my bike (1st one I guess?). Good job by my dealer, Honda/BMW of Hollywood.

Ummmm....

My ass is twice as happy, with no hot spots anywhere, now that I have the sargent seat.

I highly recommend one for anyone with an 07 K1200GT and an unhappy butt.

It looks great, feels great, what more do ya want?

http://www.sargentcycle.com/bmwwsk12gt06.htm

The seat in the picture is the one they shipped to my dealer to put on my bike (1st one I guess?). Good job by my dealer, Honda/BMW of Hollywood.

Price?

kingpinofdisks

I had Bar Enterprises cut out 1" of the foam from my stock heated seat.

They put in 1 inch of their fancy millennium foam, which is MUCH better than stock.

But the Sargent seat has a flatter shape, and my thighs are not hanging off the seat as much. Plus, the sargent seat also seems to have a high grade foam, almost as comfortable.

I think I will take the sargent seat ($750 front and rear), and have the Harley guys make 2 perfect foam inserts that are identical to the existing shape of the sargent foam, probably around $400 max.

Then I will have a properly shaped seat with the bomb ass foam.

Dear BMW,

Why the HECK am I spending $1000+ to fix something that you should have designed correctly to begin with???????? Sheesh, all that time designing a fancy double-wishbone suspension for a bike, throwing in a hot dry-sump motor, and your butt hurts when you ride it?

When my friend visited their factory to pick up his 545i, he said they drink lots of beer at lunch. 'They' being factory employees. Wonder if their brains are a bit addled cause of all the suds?

Archived