IGNORED

Cleaning under 12 RT windshield flaps / wings?

sideways

Does anyone know if there is way to detach and reattach the little clear plastic flaps or wings or whatever they're called that lie under the windshield and are fixed to the top of the dash on the 12 RT?

I just want to clean underneath them. I might try unscrewing the top of the dash, but thought maybe someone else might know an easier way.

Did a search with no luck - I guess because I don't know what to call the little buggers.

Thank you in advance!

They are each held in with a single phillips head screw. To reach the screws, you need to remove the front instrument panel; which also requires that the left and right fairings be removed. While you've got the panel removed, it would be a time to clean off the foam gasket surrounding the instrument cluster

I've considered removing them completely to see if I could get more airflow behind the windscreen.

Wow that's a shame. For something that gets so dirty it seems that someone had their head up where the sun don't shine to design that.

They are each held in with a single phillips head screw. To reach the screws, you need to remove the front instrument panel; which also requires that the left and right fairings be removed.

Good grief, Charlie Brown! eek.gif

Well, thanks very much for filling me in. I'll be out in the garage for about two weeks. tongue.gif

If you must....

Use a small paint brush when you are washing your bike, and let it drip dry or blow some air on it.

It's not like you're looking thru it, or are you grin.gif

Archived