IGNORED

Lemon Pledge is best?

TyTass

A friend of mine with a bike told me he started using good ole Lemon Pledge to clean his windscreen after one of his service technician's told him that he'd been using it for years with excellent results. Apparently there's no hazing except on initial applications and it really makes to bugs easy to wipe off.

Anyone have any related info either good or bad? lurker.gif

It's popular in some circles, in particular yellow Gold Wings. lmao.gif

Actually some people do swear by it. Personally I don't like the greasy film it leaves, but each to their own.

It's popular in some circles, in particular yellow Gold Wings. lmao.gif

Actually some people do swear by it. Personally I don't like the greasy film it leaves, but each to their own.

I do use it, especially on my visor, it really makes the water bead off in the rain. But you're right, it takes quite a bit more polishing to get rid of the film. S100 Detail and Wax works just as well but buffs up a lot easier, cost's more as well though.

I just use Pledge for a quick clean between washings if I'm out of S100.

Jim VonBaden

I use Plexus, which is essentially Pledge in a smaller can with no lemon scent!

I have used Pledge a few times and it works the same. Keeps the rain beading, and makes bug removal much easier.

Jim cool.gif

PS On both my windscreen and faceshield.

......... it also works great for cleaning your leathers and keeping them nice a soft along with that nice smell of lemon. thumbsup.gif

Furniture spray wax is too greasy for me, and I'd rather not use petroleum solvents on my windshield:

http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/safety/MSDS/PLEDGE%20LEMON.htm

I swear by CeeBailey's Aircraft Windsheild Polish Cleaner for my windshield and my visors to help keep bugs from sticking. If I go through a particularly buggy area, a hot wet towel laid on the windshield for 5 minutes will safely liquify the bugs.

DavidAnthony

I've been using Plexus and love the results, no more small scratches.

I heard they aren't making it any more, anyone else hear this.

I've tried just about everything over the past 35 years, and over time, I keep coming back to Plexus. Works good on the body work too in a pinch. Smells great, and makes bug removal a cinch. Plus, if you can stand the cost, they make it in little itty bitty spray containers you can carry anywhere.

Plexus is good stuff I use it too. Before taking a long trip I usually put on a coat of pure carnuba wax though. It seems to last a little longer than the plexus and has a better "bug ricoche" factor.

A friend of mine with a bike told me he started using good ole Lemon Pledge to clean his windscreen after one of his service technician's told him that he'd been using it for years with excellent results. Apparently there's no hazing except on initial applications and it really makes to bugs easy to wipe off.

I have found that if you take a wet towel and leave it on the windshield over night, all the bugs come off the next day no problem.

Hotel room towels work best. cool.gif

I've used Pledge for about 4 years, and I love it. I use it on the windshield and the faring. My windshield has 130,000 km. and looks like new.

I've been using Plexus and love the results, no more small scratches.

I heard they aren't making it any more, anyone else hear this.

I think you might be confusing Plexus with the Honda Glass cleaner stuff.
BluesTraveler

Years ago I worked at a custom shop. We had 2-3 cars and vans that we took around to all the big car shows. Even though they were free to us we never used any of the wax or polishes made for automotive use. Like everyone else we use Pledge funiture polish.

Over the years I've tried everything. Pledge has always done a great job on the windshield and paint. I learned to shy away from the lemon scented as it attracks bee's.

Now I use Novus #1. Discovered this while working for McDonnell Douglas. It was a standard tool crib item used on all the plastic/Acrylic windows of the aircraft.

Hotel's are usually great about giving motorcyclists rags to use for cleaning bikes IF we ask! They frown on us using room towels generally. I find that a rag/towel, saturated with the hottest water I can stand, works the best at removing bug splatters.

I’ve used Pledge also on my paint and windshield. My concern has been it’s not intended to be used out doors. I don’t think it would have any sun, pollution, bird crap whatever protection. I use Honda Pro Polish it does among other things have UV protection. I’ve tried a lot of products so far it’s best. About $6.50 for a 14oz. can. There is a smaller size. I keep one on the bike if I’m away from home. As they say, try it you’ll like it.

I think many of you presumed I keep my bike clean ... lmao.gif I just wanted to find out it this rumor was true!

Actually, I am now going to start keeping my would-be beatiful bike clean!

I thought the same thing until I started using Plexus on the windscreen and all plastic.

Lemon Pledge is now back as it's intended use, the furniture. And Plexus is used on my windscreen!

I used it on my mountain bike as it would make it very easy to hose off the mud, dust and general crud accumulated on the trail. I tried on my rt as well and it does the job. However, I now carry a small can of plexus to clean the windshild while traveling and at home, when I think of it, I use 645 by Motorex.

Archived